Java Developer Consultant - Dublin, Ireland
Java Developer Consultant - Cloud Assurance Production Services
Guidewire's Cloud Assurance team (CAPS Team) is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented experienced software developer, based in our Dublin office, to join a growing global team at the forefront of Guidewires move to the cloud.
What we do?
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The CAPS team work with Guidewire Cloud customers in two ways. Customers may engage us after deployment to support changes to their production system, including new feature development and defect resolution. When that is not the case, we work with external production services teams to carry out technical assessments on the work completed by these teams to ensure alignment with Guidewire cloud standards and best practices.
As an Experienced Consultant you will be carrying out development activities within the CAPS production services team to deliver new features and resolve production defects with our customers. In addition, as your Guidewire experience grows, you will provide guidance to external production services team through advocacy of Guidewire Cloud best practices and standards.
Given the dynamic nature of the work the CAPS team do, we are looking for decisive, highly-skilled technical problem solvers who enjoy a challenge. We particularly value clear and logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well as part of a global and local team.
If this sounds interesting and exciting to you, and you would like to be part of a new, growing, global team of technical consultants working at the forefront of Guidewires cloud transformation, then we would love to speak with you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA , C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Ability to work independently and within a team, providing mentoring support to other team members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and escalation-management skills
- Previous 1-2 years professional experience working in a technical development environment
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Experience using a software development tool like JIRA or Rally
- Experience with version control systems like Git.
- Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment
- Experience working with leading cloud platform Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Basic understanding of data-warehousing (DW) and BI Design best practices and techniques
- Basic understanding of relational database theory and related project experience (i.e. data modeling, normalization, OLAP theory, etc.)
Who are we?
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2019. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.