Director, Product Management - Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a passionate Product Management Leader who will play a key role in defining and building products in the EMEA Motor market. You will be responsible for building a world-class product that delivers a delightful customer experience and contributes significantly to Guidewire’s growth plans in Europe. Candidates should be self-starters, who are willing to get into the details where necessary and have the proven ability to lead by influence and expertise. Experience in Enterprise Product Management (even if in another industry) is a must.
Your responsibility will include, but aren’t limited to:
• Market definition
• Understand how to define a vertical solution to address a specific industry on top of a standard platform
• Segment market to identify the next opportunities
• Bring your experience and analytical skills to customer interviews
• Understand the challenges facing insurers
• And identify problems that Guidewire is uniquely positioned to solve
• Comparative market analysis
• Identify commonalities across European markets to achieve greatest investment leverage
• Product strategy
• Own Auto product roadmap and update this regularly with key hypotheses and milestones
• Segment customer business problems into the build, buy, partner
• Define the product approach to solve market problems
• Work with engineering leadership to define and size solutions
• Prioritize market-specific and cross-market enabling work
• Product positioning
• Work with Sales and Services colleagues to define how to talk to customers and prospects about our products
• Support Sales and Sales Consulting as the product expert in sales engagements
• Voice of the customer
• Actively solicit feedback from customers, internal and external, on our products and solutions
What you would need to succeed
• Experience in independently working to define the market segment.
• 6+ years of experience in product groups creating new products.
• Has a strong ability to assess a marketplace and make tradeoffs.
• Significant experience in the Motor Insurance Claims Industry in EMEA or another vertical industry
• Demonstrated success working both independently and in highly collaborative environments
• Strong ability to establish relationships internally across Engineering & Product Marketing
• Strong conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
• A keen interest in innovative technology and the Insurtech/insurance industry (but previous experience not necessary).
• Experience working in the Insurtech industry will be a plus.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience required.
• Ability to travel as needed
• This role is preferably based in Dublin Ireland
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.