Senior Director/Director Product Management, Analytics and Data Services - San Mateo, CA
Director of Product Management, Analytics and Data Services
This role is a perfect opportunity for an intellectually curious and ambitious person looking to advance their career by gaining experience in the exciting and rapidly growing field of cyber risk. As Director of Product Management at Guidewire, you will be responsible for driving innovative solutions and bringing a uniquely differentiated product portfolio to the market, helping insurers assess and manage 21st century risks. You will work closely with a highly skilled and diverse team, including experts in a variety of disciplines – insurance professionals, data scientists, risk modelers and cybersecurity experts. This is a leadership role that requires an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual to inspire cross-functional teams and lead transformational change.
This position is located at Guidewire corporate headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- Define the product strategy and execution plan for a segment of Guidewire’s risk analytics products
- Manage the product priorities throughout their planning, development, and release
- Drive business, financial and operations planning required to ensure the risk analytics products meet market and revenue growth expectations
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers and the market
- Be the voice of the customer throughout the entire development cycle
- Act as a product owner in an agile development environment
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject-matter expert to both internal and external stakeholders, including the Guidewire management team, customers and prospects, as well as industry analysts and solution partners
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to ensure strategic alignment across the organization
- Recruit and mentor a high-performance product management team
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible product management leadership experience at a commercial enterprise software company
- Strong business acumen and ability to both plan and drive the achievement of revenue targets across the product portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to make complex concepts simple and understandable, and present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating and mentoring
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Good analytic insight, diligence, and a positive attitude
- S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or relevant applied-data field
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with Risk Analytics in a products/application space at an Enterprise level
About Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics
Guidewire Software (NYSE:GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty (P&C) insurance industry, with over 3500 customers, on six continents. Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics helps insurers and other financial institutions to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products. To learn more about Cyence, visit https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.