Senior Desktop Support Analyst - San Mateo, CA
Sr. Desktop Support Analyst
As part of a global Sr. Desktop Support team this position will function as first point of contact providing day-to-day comprehensive technical support to end-users in the areas of hardware, software applications, mobile devices, and network connectivity. The Desktop Support individual will assume full ownership of request and incident resolution, status and tracking of individually assigned tickets, as well as complete Helpdesk tasks including initial ticket triage, prioritization and escalations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware and software problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed
- Point of contact at the Help Desk Counter for walk ups
- Prioritize, schedule and update incidents and requests, as well as escalate incidents outside the Help Desk to the appropriate IT teams when required
- Provide direct support for Windows and Mac OS X endpoints, ensuring endpoints are up-to date and compliant with IT standard configurations and procedures
- Provide meeting support with Audio Visual, Audio, and Video Conferencing equipment and services
- Initiate improvements to raise the quality and efficiency of service to end users expanding knowledge base documentation and self-service opportunities
- Provide end user training on various services and systems
- Participate in weekly operational meetings
- Participate in assigned IT Projects
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years in Desktop Support
- Solid hands on experience with a variety of operating systems, but primarily Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 and Apple OS X
- On the job experience or exposure to: Active Directory, Active Sync, Exchange, Apple support. Understanding of network protocols in a Microsoft environment
- Experience supporting applications such as: MS Office Suite 2013 & 2016, O365 Suite, Cisco AnyConnect, Webex, Lifesize
- VIP/Executive Management support experience required
- Experience with full Microsoft O365 Suite preferred
- Experience creating easy to use end user and technical support documentation
- Knowledge of remote deployment tools such as: SCCM, Altiris, or SMS
- A fundamental understanding of virtual environments, utilizing such tools as VMWare & Virtual PC
- Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting hardware and software problems and ability to determine user needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including customer facing soft skills, demonstrating personal and business maturity
- Knowledge and experience with remote troubleshooting; able to troubleshoot without seeing the system
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively, must be able to perform a variety of tasks and assignments without sacrificing quality of work
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, and on-call rotation is required
- Be a team player. Ability and desire to share knowledge with members of the team
- Physical ability to lift and install equipment (computers and peripherals) in and around desks and small places.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business Management preferred
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.