Senior DevSecOps Engineer - San Mateo, Ca
Senior DevSecOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to join our Guidewire DevSecOps team. The Senior DevSecOps Engineer will be based in San Mateo, California, and will report to a DevSecOps Manager within the Business technology organization, focused on integrating security practices into DevOps tools and processes.
The DevSecOps aim is to focus on integrating security practices into DevOps tools and processes
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer for Guidewire’s DevSecOps team, you will build and maintain DevOps Tooling Infrastructure of our DevSecOps team to enable our internal teams to scale the Guidewire Cloud offering.
You will help to define the best practices and methodologies for infrastructure setup, upgrade, automation and maintenance, while collaborating closely with peers.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- An understanding of the sense of urgency involved in a production system setting and the implications of any changes made to such.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our internal operational teams to identify key challenges and opportunities for improvement through tooling and automation.
- Ensure that we meet our milestones and maintain strict client SLAs and their defined KPIs.
- Build, automate and maintain our tooling infrastructure in AWS/On-Perm, focusing on Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD practices
- Ability to architect a reliable high availability cluster solution for development tools implementation
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our products and systems
- Work in an agile team, handle on-call, and support deliverables in production
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other engineers technically.
- Ability to lead the team for results.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 8+ years of work experience in a SaaS production environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experienced in building infrastructure software using Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies
- Strong Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking knowledge
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration, with the ability to program/script using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
- Experience with AWS services such as ec2, route53, s3, load balancers etc.
- Experience administering applications like Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.
- Experience with open source monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience with configuration management (preferably Ansible)
- Experience working analyzing logs and debugging.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about quality, mentoring junior candidates and in general a great team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as well
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Passion for automation over repetitive manual work
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.