Product Manager, Microservice Platform - Foster City, CA
Guidewire provides market-leading software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We build the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable ROI. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
Enabling the GW Cloud is a Microservice Platform that provides the platform and tools to power our DevOps delivery model, along with tools for measuring value of overall cloud platform delivery based on velocity of development and delivery of stable, secure, scalable solutions. It also includes common services that are leveraged by products throughout the product portfolio. In this role you will be responsible for working with internal and external customers and stakeholders to define the strategy and vision for the Microservice Platform to enable the new and existing Guidewire InsurancePlatform product offerings.
- Understand the P&C Insurance core systems and Insuretech markets, to drive strategic vision.
- Recognized as SME and go-to contact for Customer and Prospect discussions. Drives defining messages and enabling PM, SC, and other teams to carry the message to enable scaling
- Prioritize ruthlessly - Work with engineering to define a product roadmap that is aggressive but achievable, understand the balance between technical debt and feature velocity and work with the engineering team to prioritize effectively.
- Shepherd product release through successful customer adoption, including work with GTM and sales to find early adopters
- Collaborate with all teams to drive revenue growth, customer adoption and customer satisfaction goals - define and agree on goals to measure success
- Should be able to collaborate and write requirements with clear acceptance criteria that can be easily consumed by the engineering team
- Ability and familiarity with the cloud technologies to be able to accept completed stories or effectively pair with the engineering team to be able to do acceptance
- Cultivate right “product culture” within product management
- Curious; always interested to learn new things
- Measure success by specific metrics related to customer value, not ‘Release’
- Motivated to create great products; empathy for end users
- Courage to make mistakes and learn from it; test and learn quickly
- Courage to admit when they are wrong; no ego
- Ability to work effectively with rest of org
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills.
- At least 3-year work experience in product management, product marketing, product engineering, sales engineering, or software engineering for large-scale enterprise software products.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology features and measure the resulting business benefits.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Strong understanding of cloud deployment technologies such as Container Runtimes, CI/CD, etc.
- Understanding the needs, scenarios, and common deployments in the hybrid cloud world is highly desirable
- Experience building SaaS products in an Agile product development process.
- Ability to define metrics to collect and analyze for the improvement of software development and delivery processes, as well as SaaS services in production
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to customers and prospects
- Ability to quickly understand technologies, and architecture, and interpret and articulate them into customer-facing implications
- Strong collaboration skills and experience to drive alignment across multiple teams and functions
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.