Technical Sales Consultant – Paris, France
Technical Sales Consultant – Paris, France
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, and difficult to get right. We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 32 countries, executing more than 455 Guidewire product implementations.
Our sales and marketing teams are critical to Guidewire's success. For one, the revenue from new sales ensures that we have the funding required to continuously invest in our products and in scaling our growing company. Secondly, our industry is undergoing a technology-led transformation: our sales and marketing teams have the experience and knowledge to partner with insurers to help them plan for success. Of course, our sales and marketing teams are our key ambassadors in the marketplace and play a key role in how the Guidewire brand is perceived.
Description/Scope of Work
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select group of sales executives and sales consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Technical sales consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs both in RFPs and in person, configuring and presenting complex solution demonstrations, and leading technical discussions. Our compensation structure provides significant team bonus, paid quarterly, for achieving and exceeding objectives. Within the team bonus structure, a pool is reserved to reward outstanding individual contribution.
The successful sales consultant is expected to work side by side with our prospect while making sure that our product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of business process, listening, technical design, and communication skills.
Key activities for the Technical Sales Consultant include:
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Serving as a pre-sales technical point-of-contact for customers
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Responding to requests for information or proposal (technical sections)
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Leading or supporting detailed product demonstrations, including the configuration of the Guidewire InsuranceSuite (e.g: data model extensions, page configurations, rules creation, integrations)
- Identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
- Installing solutions at client sites and leading or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on-site POC, as required
- Providing input and support to the Technical Marketing Team (Demo Team)
Required skills/experience include:
- Experience of software design, engineering, and/or programming
- Broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- Pre-sales experience with an enterprise software company
- Experience working with cloud technologies, ideally AWS
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior executives
- Fluent to Native in French and English
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and an innate ability to interact with the customer spontaneously and intelligently
Desired areas of technical expertise:
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Core Java EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Skills across several cloud and enterprise technologies (AWS, Azure, Heroku)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate, JPA)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, SAML, OAuth, WSS, LDAP, JAAS, ACLs)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Source control and build frameworks (Git, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Gradle, NodeJs, Grunt, Jenkins)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, JMeter, Karma)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, RMI, REST, JMS, MQ, SOAP)
50 - 60 % travel is required for Technical Sales Consultants, with some week-to-week variance.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.