Senior Director, Global Tax - Foster City, CA
Title: Senior Director, Global Tax Reports to: CFO
Guidewire Software is looking for a senior tax executive that will have responsibility for all aspects of our global tax organization. As a senior executive of the Finance organization, the Senior Director will provide leadership and oversight of global tax planning, tax accounting, compliance, establishing global tax policies, and tax audits. You will interact with all levels of management including the Company’s executive team and audit committee. You will partner with cross-functional teams to proactively drive the best business decisions while minimizing the Company’s effective tax rate and cash taxes. You will manage a high performing tax team. In your important role as a Senior Director, Global Tax you will be responsible for the following:
- Establish and maintain global tax policies.
- Manage the review of the quarterly and annual tax provision, ensuring that the global tax accounting and related disclosures are prepared accurately and timely.
- Develop and execute global tax planning to minimize tax risk, the Company’s effective tax rate, and cash taxes.
- Present tax planning and tax results to the executive team and audit committee.
- Strategic business partner that leads the tax related analysis of the Company’s evolving business model.
- Review and monitor global tax legislation with timely communication to the executive team of impact and proposed actions.
- Develop, mentor, and lead tax team members with a commitment to invest in the training of each individual.
- Provide tax technical advice to all business partners, including commercial operations, payroll, expatriate taxation.
- Oversight of global tax compliance filings and audit activity.
- Lead tax due diligence and integration for mergers and acquisitions.
- Manage global transfer pricing policies.
- Oversight of indirect tax compliance, planning, and audits.
Customer & Industry Knowledge
- Minimum of 15 years of related tax experience in public accounting and at a publicly traded multinational company.
- Outstanding people and project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of income tax provision and accounting requirements under ASC 740.
- Experience with complex international and intellectual property tax planning.
- Strong preference for individual with previous experience leading the tax function at a global company.
- JD or BS/BA degree in Accounting /Business.
- CPA, LLM, or MS Taxation preferred.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.