Director of Data Platforms - San Mateo, Ca
We are looking for a proven data & analytics leader to join our world-class leadership Information Systems team as Director of Data Platforms. You will lead a talented team of data architects, data engineers and data analysts to define and execute your vision for the future of data platforms, capabilities and solutions. Your team will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and executives to better serve data & analytics needs at Guidewire.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-oriented leader that is responsible for driving the entire definition and delivery lifecycle from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire stakeholders. As a highly respected and influential member of the leadership team, you will be a transformational change agent with a strong focus on business insights and outcomes.
This position will be located at Guidewire corporate headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- Define and build next generation data & analytics platforms for Guidewire
- Evangelize adoption of new solutions by Guidewire stakeholders
- Increase business performance and operational efficiency through data & analytics
- Own the overarching data & analytics vision, strategy and execution plan.
- Manage a team of data architects, engineers, and analysts.
- Drive innovation and help evolve Guidewire’s agile development lifecycle as required to enable rapid inception, definition, and continuous improvement of innovative new data & analytics solutions.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to understand business needs and deliver analytical solutions and tools to drive business results.
- Evangelize strategy and vision to stakeholders, including the Guidewire management and executive team.
- Establish and champion a data-driven culture, fostering the use of data to inform and make key business decisions.
- Define metrics for data analytics tasks, and implement a robust plan for measuring success.
- Make key data infrastructure & data modeling decisions.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible data & analytics leadership experience in the strategy, design and delivery of data & analytics platforms and solutions.
- Very strong business acumen and ability to partner and ideate with various business stakeholders.
- Highly technical individual who is familiar with SQL, databases, application and data integration, data modeling, data visualization and well versed in latest modern data platforms and technologies.
- Intellectual curiosity to explore new technology innovations and how they fit within Guidewire’s landscape.
- Deep understanding of industry and domain analytics use cases, metrics and KPIs.
- Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered experience design and of design-oriented thinking overall.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present clearly and persuasively to colleagues and senior executives.
- Highly structured and well-organized individual with ability to successfully manage various workstreams and activities across multiple, concurrently running initiatives.
- Ability to balance a desire for enabling new software innovations with the need to fulfill business needs and expectations.
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be.
- BS/MS in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics, or other relevant fields.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.