Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) Professional Services - San Mateo, CA
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a talented Senior Financial Analyst to join the Corporate FP&A team to support our Professional Services business unit, which consists of our Consulting Services and Education practices. The successful candidate will partner closely with business leaders and stakeholders within the Professional Services organization to provide timely and accurate reporting and metrics for analysis and tracking. We are looking for someone with a strong financial background who has a range of business partnering skills. More specifically, we are looking for a sharp finance professional who knows and wants to do things more quickly, efficiently, and effectively; someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves in helping to improve our business processes and systems as we continue to evolve; someone who has a passion for data mining, data accuracy and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic, fast paced, and global environment. Ideally, the Senior Financial Analyst will be highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the leadership team and turn numbers and analysis into strategic forecasting dashboards. This role will provide a unique opportunity to be involved with every aspect of the Professional Services business and will provide routine access to senior management. The Senior Financial Analyst will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager, Professional Services and help manage corporate planning, forecasting and reporting.
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have pursued one mission from our founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems to the global property-casualty industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We are expanding our business in order to assist our customers in transforming their businesses and to ensure that each one is successful in this journey. Our investments range from expanding our professional consulting services to providing new instant-on cloud based applications.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager, Professional Services in the preparation of the annual budget. Be able to own parts of the budget planning process (e.g., timeline, modeling, and communications of regional targets or business assumptions) with limited supervision.
- Interact directly with the PS Business Owner and direct reports to provide coverage for the worldwide Professional Services business unit; develop, prepare, and deliver accurate, timely and insightful management reporting; help glean the story from the numbers and build financial review packages in a scalable way.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analyses and business modeling through work with PS Operations, PS VPs, HR Recruiting, Revenue and Accounting teams, and peer Corporate FP&A Analysts to understand and improve strategic business process/decisions. Work across all teams to get buy-in on assumptions and output of analysis.
- Drive the monthly expense forecasting process with the focus on improvements including minimizing overall turnaround time to forecast, increasing accuracy of results, and ease/automation of data gathering with budget owners.
- Assist with the month-end Accounting close process for the PS business unit, paying close attention to expense accruals and actual. Participate in all month-end close deliverables, including all variance analyses.
- Conduct reviews of actual headcount and future headcount requirements, helping manage and bridge headcount requirements between PS leadership team and global HR Recruiting team.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis & projects as needed to support business needs
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written business partnering skills, with the ability to influence others without direct authority
- Prior Professional Services experience: familiar with terms like consulting rates, billable utilization, time & expenses, Fixed and T&M implementation projects and labor cost rates
- Strong analytical capabilities – ability to produce quick, timely, high-quality analyses and presentation material with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Robust financial modeling experience with ability to understand and construct financial models
- Create financial models and templates in a well thought out manner. Needs to be able to create a repeatable process and more importantly, have the desire to continually improve the models and processes as business evolves
- Strong organizational skills and ability to structure complicated problems, develop hypotheses, mine data and deliver insightful recommendations
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize work, navigate ambiguity and produce high quality work product with limited guidance
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented, global environment
- Understanding of GAAP and non-GAAP with the ability to produce a detailed and complex business unit P&L and design a variety of business metrics and dashboards
- Experience using PSA (Professional Services Automation) system like FinancialForce - a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or other highly quantitative field with high achievement, or equivalent work experience
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.