Senior Product Manager - Dublin, Ireland
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry. Our software offers property and casualty insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks.
We are looking for accomplished product management to join our Cloud solutions team. In this role you will work with a global product team spanning P&C insurance domain experts, UX design and engineering to drive our cloud product definition and delivery, from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire customers.
What you get to do in this role
- Own the overarching product vision for a segment of our cloud products including the strategy and execution plan that will provide measurable results for our customers.
- Drive business, financial, and operations planning required to ensure the new cloud products meet expectations for in-market performance and top-line revenue growth.
- Drive the development of a cohesive, multi-year product strategy based on market needs as well as input from subject matter experts both within and outside of Guidewire.
- Champion customer-centered, market-driven thinking throughout the cloud products team to ensure products are fully aligned with business needs.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to define comprehensive programs for transitioning existing Guidewire customers to the cloud.
- Engage as a key contributor and highly influential member of the product development leadership team to drive alignment across a range of opinions, alternatives and competing interests.
- Evangelize Guidewire’s cloud strategy and vision to both internal and external stakeholders, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers, and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
- Recruit and mentor a high-performance product management team, ensuring members have the resources, skills, and capabilities needed to conceive, define and deliver new cloud products.
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in product/application space at an enterprise level, such as CRM, e-commerce, platform, cloud-native business applications
- Deep and demonstrated experience with highly configurable enterprise software products and solutions.
- Strong business acumen and ability to both plan and drive the achievement of revenue targets across the product portfolio.
- Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered experience design and design-oriented thinking overall.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to make complex concepts simple and understandable, and present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues, and senior executives.
- Track record of successfully managing ambiguity and maintaining a focus on high leverage activities - i.e. taking in a lot of input and conflicting requests while still moving forward at a fast pace.
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be.
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
The Guidewire Work Environment
Values are lived, not merely asserted. Most corporate values are hollow platitudes because they are too numerous, abstract, or idealistic. They are cast aside when inconvenient …and often disregarded by the company’s leadership. Real values are revealed by actions. And a “commitment to one’s values” only matters if you are willing to sacrifice things you want (sales, profits, or competitive advantage even!) to uphold them. We stand by these values and they inform everything we do and everything we say.
Guidewire is founded on the values of collegiality, rationality, and integrity. Put simply, this means:
- We strive to work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy, and to value each other's well-being over the crisis-of-the-moment. We aim for a minimum of hierarchy and expect all managers to do “individual contributor" work. There are no status privileges—we all fly coach, both literally and figuratively.
- We make decisions based on facts and logic, and not for the irrational justifications that can creep in. Too often title/role, tenure with the company, political theater, rationalizations of sunk costs or wishful thinking become the basis for (mostly poor) decisions. That said we do not valorize raw intellect. Our ideal is a practical reason: developing sound, pragmatic solutions to real problems and following them through to completion.
- We tell the truth, both externally and internally. Everything Guidewire has achieved since its founding has been on the foundation of the truth: what our products can and cannot do; the true cost and effort of implementation; the true state of our business. We have quarterly company meetings with substantive updates on all aspects of company performance, and in-person accessibility of the entire management team is the norm. We believe in forthright answers to each other on any question and honest acknowledgment of problems with our products, projects, processes…or anything else.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.