Director, Internal Communications - San Mateo, Ca
Director, Internal Communications
Internal communication is starting to better reflect the way we communicate in our everyday life and central to the digital workplace.
It is an engagement tool designed to inspire, inform and engage our growing workforce. To meet employees where they are at, with targeted, relevant, timely content and information delivered to them on the channel that is most convenient for the way that they work.
We are looking for a creative & autonomous Director of Internal Communications to join our team in San Mateo HQ. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic internal communications efforts that support culture, capability and performance. You will design creative, innovative ways to reach our employees in ways that are in tune with our ever-evolving Guidewire culture in the US and international locations.
Guidewire is seeking a transformational Director of Internal Communications who can build and scale its global internal communications program. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing and building a program in a fast-growing, complex, global organization. They will have a keen understanding of trends and best industry practices for activating today’s modern workforce.
They will have built credibility and earned the trust of C-suite executives and counseled executives on a wide-range of communications issues.
This is a key leadership role and leads all company-wide employee communications, engaging Guidewire’s over 2,500 colleagues across the globe. Aligning with the People & Culture (P&C) leadership and reporting to the Global Leader of L&OE, this role facilitates employee attraction, engagement, and retention through connecting all employees to company strategy, mission, and culture.
The Director of Internal Communications will have led organizational-wide change and developed ways to measure the true impact of that change. They will be highly collaborative and thrive in a data-driven culture. They will develop KPIs to measure the impact of the global internal comms team. They will have demonstrated experience setting global strategy and localizing that strategy in the countries where Guidewire operates.
In this role, you will:
- Determine, build and execute the most effective strategies and techniques to engage employees in Guidewire’s strategy, culture and mission
- Oversee existing communications channels and develop consensus around future channels based on industry practices and advancements in technology
- Oversee efforts to obtain broad employee feedback to guide communications decisions
- Ensure employee-facing P&C Programs and policies / procedures are communicated with clarity and empathy
- Identify and deploy self-serve communications toolkits to support scale
- Partner with and coach teams and executives to create thoughtful written and visual communications
- Develop narratives for the P&C organization and lead and execute on all P&C org. communication campaigns --- both day-to-day operations and long-term vision and strategy
- Test, track, analyze and report on relevant statistics and conversion rates to establish benchmarks, measure success and continuously improve
- Craft empathetic communications and FAQs in times of change
- Drive communications that lead to positivity and excitement
- Production of live events (and presentation coaching) that support the company’s strategy
- Helping folks through the transformation of a mindset change
- Think and act globally
- Proven success building and implementing innovative internal communications programs
- Proven success working with cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Ability to operate at both strategic and execution levels
- Proven success collaborating in a fast-paced agile organization
- A sense of humor and curiosity to learn
- 10+ years of heading up a global internal communications function and managing a global communications team
- 4+ years as a people manager
- Track record of building and scaling an internal communications program at a complex, global organization
- Demonstrated ability to build strategies aligned with business goals and company culture
- Outstanding ability to capture the company’s voice and elevate content and presence
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise and leadership skills, and aptitude to take informed, creative risks
- Ability to mentor, coach and grow a team of highly capable professionals and aid in their career development
- Ability and agility to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Confidence, polish and poise to work closely with senior executives
- Ability to influence in multiple ways and build credibility quickly with key stakeholders and peers
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in setting goals and developing ways to measure those goals
- Experience navigating a complex, matrixed agile organization
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.