Functional Sales Consultant - London, UK
Functional Pre Sales Consultant - London, UK
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select team of sales executives and sales consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Sales consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs, and persuading through tailored proposals and demonstrations the superiority of our proven solution. Our compensation structure provides a significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Sales Consultants work side by side with prospects, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. Sales Consulting requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, technical design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
Key activities for the Sales Consultant include:
- Expertise in presenting and demonstrating the applications that make up the Guidewire Insurance Platform
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the core operations of a non-life Insurer
- Engaging in business consulting activities, capable of conducting detailed prospect interviews.
- Responding to requests for information or proposal, both written and oral.
- Preparing solution demonstrations tailored to customer requirements.
- Maintaining a personal demonstration environment, including business user configuration
- Providing input and feedback to Product Development and Product Management
- Proven as pre-sales/consulting/subject matter expert in the implementation of enterprise software solutions
- Experience in the London Markets Insurance industry – or proven ability as a subject matter expert in a similar vertical
- Ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills across a range of audiences frontline personnel to senior, C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and an innate ability to interact with the customer spontaneously and intelligently
- Broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- An innate ability to interact with customers and prospects spontaneously and intelligently
- A desire to learn and thirst for knowledge
- Enterprise software implementation experience
- Solid understanding of XML, HTML, SQL, scripting languages, etc.
Ability to travel up to 60% is required for Pre-Sales Consultants, in order to be on-site with our customers and prospects, with some week-to-week variance.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.