Senior DevOps Manager, Risk Analytics - San Mateo, CA
Director of DevOps
Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics products help the property & casualty (P&C) industry to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence Risk Analytics provides insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products. To learn more about Cyence Risk Analytics, please visit www.cyence.net.
- Drive customer satisfaction (DevOps + external) by providing world-class application availability and protection of customer data
- Direct the team to perform system setup, system administration, incident resolution, problem management, configuration management, change management, security monitoring, security management, capacity planning, availability management and disaster recovery
- Establish performance monitoring and response processes
- Ensure efficiency and predictability of deployments and upgrades
- Roll out and enforce best-in-class security practices for greater customer success
- Hire, mentor, and lead engineers in a global environment
- Lead decision-making and collaboration across multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible IT/Ops Infrastructure Management experience
- 10+ years of experience managing cloud operations experience with and strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services, or other cloud platforms
- Thorough understanding of software engineering and Cloud application lifecycle management, automation methodologies, and business data modeling used in a mission-critical environment.
- Experience leading a complex technology staff and external resource management and planning.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Experience recommending new technology and processes that will improve customer service, reduce costs and/or provide a competitive advantage.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both technical and business people in terms that they understand
- Experience in building strong, successful technical teams and coaching and mentoring individuals along their career paths
- Ability to prioritize deliverables in a rapidly changing environment; communicate clearly to steer the team to deliver high-quality results
- Experience working with and/or leading offshore software development teams
At Guidewire Development, our process is sustainable, work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, thorough, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/life-guidewire/about-us/
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.