Education Communications Specialist, Education Delivery - Remote, US
Guidewire Education Services provides product training to our employees, customers, partners, and third parties around the globe. Our highest priority is enabling learners to be successful with our products and building competency that supports their journey ahead.
The Marketing/Communications Specialist will design and develop Education Services collateral that informs and inspires others to expand and elevate their Guidewire product knowledge. This includes course descriptions, catalogs, brochures, data sheets, white papers, newsletters, announcements, website content, and other content as needed.
By building, deploying, and maintaining marketing and communication collateral about new education offerings and services, you will help drive content consumption by our employees, customers, partners, and third-party learners.
Essential Job Functions
The successful candidate will be able to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Develop various forms of communication and marketing collateral that is engaging and impactful
- Establish a communication strategy and plan to support larger Education programs
- Help promote and elevate the esteem of Guidewire Education’s certification program
- Define tasks and timelines required to successfully complete communication and marketing assignments in a timely fashion
- Drive quality in all Guidewire Education communications and marketing materials
- Ensure all Education communications and marketing adhere to corporate branding and marketing standards
- Work with corporate marketing to ensure our messaging and website aligns with broader messaging and digital presence initiatives
- Help client’s/learner’s experience with our Guidewire Education website
- Help establish and expand our social media presence
- Passion for creating content that is clear, concise, and compelling
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related major
- 5+ years of related experience with marketing and/or communications
- Advanced proficiency working with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience building HTML for websites
- Experience working in a global environment where you collaborate with remote teams
- Highly organized with project management experience
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and requests with ease
- Willing and able to work creatively to overcome unexpected issues or constraints
- Proven self-starter with a track record of leadership
- Experience with graphic design, social media, eCommerce, and/or email marketing services (e.g., Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.) is a plus
- French, German, or Spanish skills are also a plus
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US. We also have offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Poland, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Our Mission and Values
At Guidewire, we are passionately focused on customer success. Our mission within Professional Services is to provide distinguished services to customers, prospects, employees, partners, and third-party vendors which result in 100 percent reference-ability. When you talk to our team members, you’ll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We’re proud of what we build and how we build it together.
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
- We communicate through clear arguments. We make decisions based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We work to build quality products and seek ways to constantly improve.
- We work together as professional equals with minimal hierarchy. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We trust people to work as professionals with forethought and purpose.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.