Project Manager, Education Delivery - Remote, US
Education Delivery Project Manager
Guidewire Education Services provides technical product training to our customers, partners, and employees around the globe. This role will work with a team of geographically disbursed team members to implement system and process enhancements that provide an optimal training experience for our external and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be proficient in project management and change management with a proven track record of leading projects to successful completion. This role requires someone who can learn quickly, hates being bored, and loves the satisfaction that comes from delivering results.
On any given day, this role may be helping implement a new Guidewire integration with our LMS, deploying a new feature or LMS capability, refining existing configurations or integrations to support ongoing changes in our business needs, create a new financials report to support our business, or leading the QA and/or deployment of new Education offerings or LMS releases. This person must be organized, detail oriented, and thrive on juggling multiple priorities. He/She will have a proven ability to anticipate challenges, recommend options, and drive improvements that help ensure we can respond to the expanding needs for Guidewire Education.
Essential job functions:
- Manage LMS projects related to new features, functionality, integrations, or changes to associated system
- Analyze existing processes and system configurations to identify repeated patterns and recommend improvements that provide measurable impacts
- Help architect LMS requirements and drive system testing activities to ensure quality
- Drive change management activities and communication plans to ensure successful deployments
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize project requests
- Create and maintain delivery project schedules
- Build work breakdown structures in tools such as CA Agile Central with reliable estimates
- Consistently deliver successful projects on time, on budget, with quality, as planned
- Report on status regularly to share progress and successes for key activities and milestones
- Address constraints and other problems with creative alternatives to keep projects on track
- Triage, troubleshoot, and quickly resolve issues or escalate to drive action as needed
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and manage risk during the project
- Identify and implement process improvements that accelerate productivity, increase quality, or provide other measurable results
- Analyze data using Excel to distill results in an easily comprehensible manner
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver expected results
- Passion for excellence and helping our customers, partners, and employees achieve success
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of agile project management experience, particularly systems implementations and recurring enhancements that impact processes and require change management activities
- 3-5 years of experience in a lead BA, lead QA, or super user role during cross-department system implementations
- Proven track record of effectively implementing changes to processes and systems
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and the unique requirements associated with publishing curriculum and communications
- Knowledge of CRM and financial systems is a plus, particularly related to integrations and eCommerce implementations
- Experience troubleshooting system issues related to configuration or integration defects/gaps, then helping identify and deploy both tactical and strategic solutions
- Experience with source control systems (e.g. Perforce) and defect tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience creating and deploying marketing and other external announcements/notifications
- Ability to juggle multiple fast-moving projects and to quickly adjust priorities when needed
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills with an ability to explain and distill complex ideas in a simple and meaningful way
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills
- Ability to master new systems and complex processes with ease
- Ability to work effectively with a global team
Ideally the person who fills this position would be based in our Exton, PA office. Another option will be to work at our corporate headquarters in Foster City, California. We will consider a remote office location for the right candidate.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US. We also have offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Poland, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Our Mission and Values
At Guidewire, we are passionately focused on customer success. Our mission within Professional Services is to provide distinguished services to customers, prospects, employees, partners, and third-party vendors which result in 100 percent reference-ability. When you talk to our team members, you’ll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We’re proud of what we build and how we build it together.
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
- Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We make decisions based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We work to build quality products and seek ways to constantly improve.
- We work together as professional equals with minimal hierarchy. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We trust people to work as professionals with forethought and purpose.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.