Junior Software Engineer – Full Stack, Dublin
Junior Software Engineer, Full-Stack – Dublin, Ireland
Guidewire’s development team is looking for a proactive and results-oriented Junior Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry and make our industry-leading products even better.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users. Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more. You will work on the entire technology stack, from the core persistence layer through to the Web Application front ends.
You should be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who’ve checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. We’ve built a strong culture, and we’re looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Successful software developers at Guidewire typically have:
- Passion to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team.
- Experience working in an agile development environment (e.g. TDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality validated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others.
What we are looking for:
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing and so on
- Awareness of Object-Oriented Design principles using SOLID and Hexagonal design
- Familiar with Open Source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, jBPM, or others)
- Understanding of relational database persistence (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Agile development practices
- Awareness of Web Services (REST) or gRPC based APIs
- Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience with a market leading client-side framework: ReactJS, AngularJS
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchDB
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.