Account Executive – Germany
Account Executive- Germany
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Our sales and marketing teams are critical to Guidewire's success. For one, the revenue from new sales ensures that we have the funding required to continuously invest in our products and in scaling our growing company. Secondly, our industry is undergoing a technology-led transformation: our sales and marketing teams have the experience and knowledge to partner with insurers to help them plan for success. Of course, our sales and marketing teams are our key ambassadors in the marketplace, and play a key role in how the Guidewire brand is perceived.
Description/Scope of Work
The primary responsibility of this role is to sell complex core enterprise applications into an industry vertical (ideally General Insurance) in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. Supported by an effective Sales Operations and Marketing team the successful candidate will focus upon understanding the strategic objectives of clients and building meaningful relationships with business leaders within the target market.
Key activities for the Account Executive include:
- Proactive development of new business customers in assigned territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers both technical and business focused within prospects and existing clients.
- Work with sales support functions maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Manage post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers.
- Lead and undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure.
- Arrange and lead technical and functional presentations to clients, in conjunction with product experts and professional services.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products.
- Analyze competitor activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
Required skills/experience include:
- Proven track record of selling complex core enterprise applications into an industry vertical (ideally General Insurance) in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
- A high level of energy and commitment, proven ability to create and close opportunities within a defined territory.
- Interest and desire to learn about new business areas – the business of general insurers, such that they can engage in cogent face to face discussions with business leaders.
- Track record biased towards winning new name business, the role is 70% new business, 30% add-on sales
- Comfortable with complex sales with multiple decision makers / influencers.
- Proven ability to tie client business needs / plans to the solution proposed in a compelling manner.
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive nature, somebody who makes things happen – reluctant to take no for an answer.
- Somebody who thinks through the situation draws up a series of potential actions and then executes the best option.
- Understands the impact, benefits and cost structure to the customer of large core solution projects.
- Understands enterprise technology and the key challenges facing CIOs / CTOs at client firms.
- Able to strike the right level of persistence at differing levels throughout a prospective client organization.
- Fit in comfortably into a team environment, the multi-facetted nature of the opportunities requires strong teamwork.
- Experience of working with strategic partners and system integrators.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.