Actuarial Consultant, ADS (Analytics & Data Services)
Guidewire’s Analytics and Data Services (ADS) helps the property & casualty (P&C) industry to model insurance data for rating and operations, as well as for new and evolving risks like Cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine leaning, and insurance risk modeling, ADS provides insights and analytical capabilities that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, accurately price, and get the most out of their operations and claims handling.
Actuarial Consultant - Reporting to Head Actuary, Data and Analytics
This position requires advanced statistical modeling skills, strong communication skills, project management, planning and organizational skills. This person must be able to prioritize, take initiative and solve problems under pressure.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Communicate and advise on the use of analytics in a variety of contexts, including risk rating, operations modeling and ERM.
- Support Sales in discussions with prospects and renewals.
- Perform advanced predictive analytics modeling to solve complex business problems for insurance clients.
- Validation and interpretation of predictive analytics results.
- Analysis of customer data for statistical validity.
- Conduct meetings and presentations for clients as needed.
- Provide client feedback to product management & development.
Requirements for Job:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with high degree of quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- BS degree in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science, an advance degree is preferred.
- Experience using advanced statistical modeling tools such as R, Python or others.
- Candidates that have successfully passed three to eight Actuarial Exams are preferred. ACAS certification strongly preferred.
- Seven to twelve years of experience in an actuarial role in the property and casualty insurance and/or consulting industry.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting and risk selection practices.
- Knowledge of insurance ERM practices.
- Experience analyzing portfolios for profit/loss and pricing working for an insurance company or consulting company focused on insurance clients.
- Ability to translate actuarial concepts into business solutions.
- Candidate must be able to travel as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels in the organization internally and with clients
- Preferred: Knowledge of cyber insurance market & cyber security concepts.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Catastrophe modeling.
Complexity / Critical Success Factors:
The actuarial consultant must work with data from a variety of sources on a diverse set of business issues while ensuring the desired client results. Therefore, the successful candidate will be disciplined yet flexible, and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Experience using SQL to work with data is a plus.
Strong customer orientation and the ability to comprehend and communicate regarding complex business and statistical issues. Independent, yet team player focused on exceptional client satisfaction.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.