Cloud Operations Manager - Mississauga
Guidewire has shifted gears and is delivering world class Cloud capability to its Property and Casualty customer base. Our customers are can now utilize the Guidewire Cloud solutions for ongoing configuration work and for real-time Production workloads. In this role, you will lead a team of Cloud Operations Engineers supporting production environments and infrastructure.
• Build and lead a distributed team to ensure always-up availability for Guidewire Cloud CI/CD and application environments.
• Provide rapid troubleshooting, remediation, and root cause analysis of non-production issues.
• Define and continuously refine the team’s operational processes and procedures.
• Interface with the Customer Success, Guidewire Professional Services and Guidewire Partners to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
• Collaborate with Guidewire Engineers to refine/improve our continuous delivery systems for cloud CI/CD services
• Responsible for managing AWS spend
• Responsible for Cloud Security, including instance, container, cloud and network security
Experience / Qualifications
• 8+ years of team management experience in a production environment
• Experience working with Java based applications – deployment, tuning, monitoring
• Experience deploying databases and measuring their performance for any of the following - MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, AWS RDS
• Experience with automated deployments to AWS or other cloud infrastructures using popular frameworks and technologies (Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, etc.)
Experience in troubleshooting complex CI/CD issues built around Jenkins and common code management systems
• Have built teams and processes “from scratch”
• Knowledge of standard methodologies and IT operations in an always-up, always-available, self-healing service
• Proven strong development practices for automation in a continually-shipping environment (test driven development, continuous integration, clean and maintainable code)
• A flexible, can-do attitude with a willingness and aptitude for learning
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.