Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success team within Guidewire is a team focused on helping our customers maximize the value of their Guidewire investment. The Customer Success Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Guidewire customers in Europe. This role will bring the power of the entire Guidewire organization to bear in making sure our customers are delighted with their use of Guidewire solutions. We expect that our customers will see their Success Manager as a trusted advisor and true partner – encouraging their teams to adopt best practices, advocating for their needs back to Guidewire product development, and helping to find new ways to derive value from their Guidewire investment. The end goal is a set of happy customers that make daily use of the platform, that renew their subscriptions, and are eager to expand the footprint of the Guidewire solutions within their organization.
Job Title: Customer Success Manager, Customer Success
Job Location: EMEA
The job location is focused on Europe and supporting Guidewire customers in Europe. Initial customer focus will be in France. Travel requirements are estimated at around 50% but will be driven by customer demand and distribution. French language, both written and verbal, is required for this role.
- Account and relationship management with a focus on driving customer engagement
- You will be responsible for product adoption of one or more Guidewire solutions helping customers to maximize the value of their Guidewire investment
- Deliver successful customers to the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to minimize customer attrition.
- You will function as an advocate for your customers within the Guidewire organization in terms of industry practices, standardized product use cases, educational/training curriculum development and any administrative needs that are key to achieving customer success.
- When appropriate, you will take point of driving to a successful conclusion customer issues or situations, following the standard Guidewire methodology and involving other departments and individuals as necessary.
- Provide leadership and coaching in customer-facing communications. Assist with internal escalations and otherwise coordinate with the Guidewire Cloud teams to provide timely resolutions to customer concerns.
- You will act as coach for your customers’ teams to make sure that they have access to, and make use of all available Guidewire Services, including Education, Training, Customer Success Events, Guidewire Communities, whitepapers, datasheets, web seminars, etc.
- You will develop a deep and cross-functional understanding of the key business challenges of your customers.
- 10+ years relevant work experience – prior Customer Success roles, implementation delivery, product development, sales
- Exceptional communications skills in French for speaking and writing, fluent English including customer facing.
- Demonstrated executive leadership and communication experience, showing the ability to define a vision, build a persuasive business case, establish personal credibility, resolve conflicting views (and personalities) and engender honest feedback and appraisal
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives or accounts simultaneously and under pressure
- Strong knowledge of the P&C insurance space, industry trends and challenges, the fundamental economics of an insurance company
- Ability to travel as needed to client locations, industry events and company initiatives
- Demonstrated people and team management skills in a customer service-related position.
- Based in Europe with regular travel to customers in France, other European countries and Guidewire headquarters (50%)
- Cross functional team management skills in a customer service related position
- Guidewire product and insurance domain knowledge
- Demonstrated account planning and management skills, including estimations, budgets, forecasting and coordination of multiple work streams
- Demonstrated coaching and change management experience – not just defining a plan but executing that plan successfully and adapting to obstacles or shifts in business priority
- Demonstrated knowledge of Guidewire InsuranceSuite and Guidewire Digital Engage platforms
- Prior customer relationship or sales experience
- Experience working with cloud-native platforms, the development process for cloud delivery and/or managed solutions
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.