Build/Release Implementation Consultant II - San Jose, CA, US
Build/Release Implementation Consultant II, InsuranceNow Team
Location: San Jose, CA
Guidewire exists to deliver the software that P/C insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change, and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We believe that P/C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in enabling society to function. We specialize in serving P/C insurers exclusively, with a focused commitment that puts customer success above all else.
Our core competency is software development. We serve a global community of 200+ insurers in 29 countries, holding ourselves accountable for ensuring that our customers have the right technology to execute on their promises to policyholders over the long term. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements – core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement – to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Our cloud-based, all-in-one product, InsuranceNow, if a fully Web-based Java platform that meets the technical criteria that insurers are requiring in new systems. The modular system uses Web services and ACORD XML standards and can be deployed as a suite (with rules and workflow engines, policy administration, rating, reinsurance, claims, billing, accounting, data warehousing, document management, consumer and insurance agent self-service, and more) or as a point solution, such as the claims module only. Our InsuranceNow customers include personal, commercial, and specialty insurers across the U.S.
Guidewire applications are highly configurable to the requirements of each client and require a thorough understanding of the objectives and requirements of the client. Key activities for functional consultants include:
- Receive extensive training on Guidewire’s products
- Work with Guidewire and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Contribute to requirement and functional design documentation
- Configure the Guidewire products to solve customer business challenges
- Test configurations against use cases
The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Must have strong verbal skills to communicate with non-technical resources
- Must take initiative, be decisive, and show confidence in decisions made
- Must be able to take strategic direction from executive management and participate in strategic planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Must have the ability to solve complex technical problems and understand when to escalate issues
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work, including a strong desire to learn
- 2 years of relevant application experience
- Travel up to 10%
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Background as a Systems Analyst/Technical Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers
- Understanding of the project lifecycle, experience with Agile methodology a plus
- Experience with n-tier web architected solutions
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company
- Experience managing GIT code repositories
- Experience managing Jira
- Basic understanding of Python scripting
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Previous experience working with InsuranceNow software preferred
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar degree
We know that people work based on incentives, so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and stock, as well as a number of other benefits such as 401K, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and promote flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance. See and hear from our employees at: careers.guidewire.com and read about our core values of integrity, rationality and collegiality in everything that we do.
Guidewire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.