Business Analyst, 80% Travel - Remote, US
Product Definition Business Analysts work directly with Principal Business Analysts and other supporting Business Analysts in the following areas: Personal Lines and Commercial Lines P&C product definition, Requirements organization, Planning and monitoring Requirements, Requirements analysis, Translating and simplifying requirements, Use Case Test definition and execution, Management of Time for Budget and Schedule, Maintaining Communication with Key Project Team, and Requirement Planning and Task Breakdown.
Role and Responsibilities by Deliverable
Customer Requirements Backlog
- Translating and simplifying requirements in project backlog for Configuration Engineers.
- Requirements management and communication.
- Coordination with Principal Business Analyst on work priorities in the project backlog.
- Coordination with Principal Business Analyst on efforts of reviewing, refining and prioritizing backlog.
- Communication and Escalation to Principal Business Analyst when customer requirements expand scope or are outside of the standard architecture.
- Application of best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
- Present demos and explain how Guidewire works
- Works with the client to derive options for implementations and the cost benefit of different options
- Requirements management and Coordination with Principal Business Analyst on change requests for project during both pre and post production.
- Periodic demonstrations of system functionality.
- Coordination with Principal Business Analyst and other supporting BAs on notes and meeting minutes during client requirements meetings.
Requirements Project Plan – includes backlog management, timeline and schedule
- Estimation of effort for assigned Tasks.
- Participation in Sprint Planning for Business Analyst tasks.
- Self-Management of Time for Budget and Schedule
Testing and Quality Assurance Documents
- Monitor completion of implementation tasks and test (QA).
- Business test case development.
- Build and execute Use Test Cases for customer business requirements. Review test plans and creates new test plans.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
- 8 + years in the insurance industry.
- Technical experience with packaged software and some technical proficiencies required
- Experienced with working in a cross-functional team and with team members in different geographical locations.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining relationships with internal team members, customers and partner organizations.
- Ability to assess and manage risks, and communicate appropriately.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at the Project, Project Leadership and Vice-President levels including strong presentation skills with PowerPoint or similar.
- Solid work ethic and ability to self-start.
- Strong analytical skills (business solutions, problem solving, creative thinking).
- Strong knowledge of agile software development processes, and iterative development principles.
- Understands basic P&C insurance concepts and has the ability to communicate on insurance topics.
- Desire to grow in Insurance Business knowledge.
- Preferred: Experienced in directly communicating with and managing expectations of both internal and external executive stakeholders.
- Guidewire Software products (InsuranceSuite, InsuranceNow, Live, Digital, etc.) experience
- Strong Commercial Lines experience
- Strong Personal Lines experience
- Strong Rating experience
- Strong experience working with 3rd Party Interface integration.
- Experience working in Insurance Reporting
- Design and develop metrics, reports and analysis to meet key business needs.
- Provide a link between raw enterprise data and the business unit so BI team can complete report development.
- Experience working with reporting to the major bureaus (ISO, MSO)
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.