Guidewire’s Customer and Cloud Operations organization is looking for a Business Systems Analyst with a proven track record of driving system improvements from requirements definition to acceptance testing. The Business Systems Analyst should understand new features and enhancement requests as needed by the Customer & Cloud Operations organization and lead all business activities needed to bring them to completion. The Business Systems Analyst will act as our organization’s liaison to IT and other cross-functional groups to ensure compliance while preforming a variety of system quality assessment activities. This candidate must demonstrate strong leadership capability when interacting with our team and other internal departments to address diverse system operational needs. This candidate must be highly organized and a self-starter with a strong degree of independence.
- Meet with business owners to identify requested change requirements and priority for implementation
- Track and maintain the enhancement/defect backlog using ServiceNow
- Participate in sprint planning with business and IT owners to understand upcoming changes
- Write and execute test cases and analyze results
- Resolve system inquiries from team members and customers, analyze troubleshooting requests, and attend various meetings as representative of the Customer and Cloud Operations organization.
- Assist with Change Management and Communication
- Assist with documentation of system processes and training materials
- Collaborate with management to develop effective improvement strategies
- Lead and participate in User Acceptance Testing
- Review and analyze system specifications for compliance
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Act as the front line to request submissions and help replicate identified errors
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or similar field required
- Proven Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle as Business Analyst and/or QA Tester
- Knowledge and interest in project management
- Knowledge about agile or iterative software development methodology
- Ability to reproduce and document errors in detail
- Strong planning and organization skills, and a high degree of independence.
- Experience with standard office productivity software and web-based applications. Ability to learn new software applications and tools with limited guidance.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and collaboration skills, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- 2 to 4 years of Salesforce experience strongly desired
- Knowledge of customer service processes and relevant ticketing/change management tools preferred
- Experience managing and driving projects to completion
- Proficiency with any of the following software tools is a plus: ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.