Privacy Manager- Birmingham, AL
Guidewire is looking for a Privacy Manager to join our Privacy Team! The position will help manage and drive privacy program initiatives and responsibilities across the company. You'll work closely with our product team, information security team, cloud operations team, and other cross-functional partners across the company to drive Guidewire's privacy strategy in these areas.
The ideal candidate is familiar with privacy laws and how to operationalize privacy controls across an organization, and be passionate about privacy to advance strategic privacy initiatives across our organization.
This is a full-time position located at our Birmingham, Alabama office.
- Design, implement, and maintain privacy strategies, processes, and practices across the organization.
- Facilitate annual self-assessment of privacy program; drive remediation and enhancement of program, as required.
- Partner with product development and other internal teams to perform privacy reviews and assessments.
- Partnering with business and engineering teams to implement and maintain privacy controls.
- Maintain and update privacy-related policies.
- Coordinate with internal teams to drive privacy awareness throughout the organization.
- Support sales by responding to privacy and security related inquiries during the RFI/RFP stage
- Review and negotiate vendor Data Processing Agreements.
- Maintain subject matter expertise knowledge in privacy and data protection.
- Communicate guidelines, requirements, and processes; facilitate training; and assist with escalations, as required.
- Investigate and resolve any privacy program issues related to governance.
- Bachelor’s degree and CIPP required. JD optional.
- 3+ years of overall experience in privacy at a technology company or similar organization.
- Strong understanding of key global privacy and marketing compliance laws including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Privacy Shield, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), data breach regulations, PIPEDA and other applicable regulations.
- Familiar with ISO 27001, ISO 27018 and other privacy frameworks.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a broad spectrum of internal teams.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.