Salesforce Developer - Madrid, Spain
Salesforce Developer- Madrid, Spain
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
As a member of the Information Systems Application team, the Salesforce Developer will be responsible for customizing, developing and supporting solutions on the force.com platform. A team player, collaboration-oriented, a mindset is essential.
- Responsible for customizing, developing and supporting solutions on the force.com platform
- Provides production support of applications by troubleshooting issues, proposing solutions, develops, tests fixes, and migrates solution.
- Responsible for partnering with the business analyst and business team members to support Sales, Professional Services, Operations, Marketing, Tech Support, G&A and Partner Management
Skills & Experience Requirement
- Professional IT/Engineering experience required with demonstrated development and design experience.
- Experience in Force.com, Visualforce, and the Apex programming language with emphasis on
Service Cloud & Communities:
- Experience in Salesforce.com configuration & customization including and not limited to workflows, S-controls, data validations & triggers
- Experience in developing lightning components desired
- Excellent analysis skills & problem-solving skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a “can do” attitude, great listening skills and effective delivery of technology solutions
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledgeable in standard functions/ modules of Salesforce.com: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and AppExchange/App cloud application integration. Experience of at least 1-2 End-to-End implementations of Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and data modeling including Salesforce.com SOQL, SOSL query language
- Experience using the Force.com data loader, ETL tools and handling data migration assignments. Proficiency in Java, SOAP/REST services.
- Expert knowledge of MVC concepts, object-oriented methodologies and approaches
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Salesforce Admin 201 & Platform Developer 1 must, Platform Developer II preferred.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.