Functional Sales Consultant, LatAm - Remote, US
Guidewire is seeking qualified pre-sales candidates to support our market leadership position. Candidates should have an insatiable curiosity to solve customers’ business problems through the use of award winning, proven modern technology.
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select team of sales executives and sales consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Functional Sales Consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs, and persuading through tailored proposals and demonstrations the superiority of our proven solution. Our compensation structure provides significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Sales Consultants work side by side with both prospects and partners, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. Sales Consulting requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, technical design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
Key activities for the Functional Sales Consultant include:
- Expertise in operating all applications within the Guidewire solution suite.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the core operations of a Property and Casualty Insurance Carrier.
- Ability to engage in business consulting activities, capable of conducting detailed prospect interviews, often onsite with Spanish and Portuguese-speaking participants.
- Responding to requests for information or proposal, both written and oral, in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Presenting customized demonstrations tailored to customer requirements.
- Maintaining personal demonstration environment and after training, capable of executing standard product configurations.
- Providing input and feedback to Headquarters.
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience with an enterprise software
- Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry – or proven ability as a subject matter expert in a similar vertical
- Ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- Experience presenting across a range of audiences: front line personnel to senior executives
- Experience delivering presentations to both Spanish and Portuguese speaking audiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience with property and casualty insurance; subject matter expertise in the area of Claims, Policy and/or Billing operations
- Enterprise software implementation experience
- Experience wtih XML, HTML, SQL, scripting languages, etc.
- Programming experience, particularly in Java
- Experience configuring demonstration systems built using modern software technology (application servers, relational databases, XML, etc.)
Up to 60% travel is required for Functional Sales Consultants, with some week-to-week variance.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.