Cloud Solution Engineering Director, San Mateo CA or Remote
Solution Engineering Director
The role involves providing leadership to a team of experienced individual contributors, managers and contributing individually to the delivery of multidisciplinary projects and programs. The primary focus is supporting the Sales community to deliver complex cross-product solution demonstrations to prospective customers. The role involves interfaces directly with senior leadership within sales and product development.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Drives technical and cultural transformations with a highly motivated, self-starter mentality
• Thrives in a dynamic environment and is unfazed by change or ambiguity with exceptional organizational and planning skills, demonstrating flexibility.
• Cares deeply about culture and values, and can be a steward for transparency, collaboration, inclusiveness, accountability and experimentation
• Delivers operational excellence by implementing and maintaining effective and efficient processes that create systems that are aligned with the organization’s business objectives.
• Motivates the team as an inspirational communicator, with outstanding communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively interface with business, executive, and technical teams.
• Clearly articulates the Solution Engineering Cloud vision and strategy across executive leadership.
• Benchmarks key metrics and directs the collection of data to demonstrate value.
• Ensures strong feedback loops between the Solution Engineering team, sales and development teams.
• Manages complex and large-scale cloud projects.
• Possesses knowledge of industry trends and current best practices and is a lifelong learner with the desire to motivate others while creating a culture of continuous learning.
• Exhibits a relentless attention to detail with strong analytical and critical reasoning skills.
• Creates an environment focused on continuous improvement.
• Possesses extensive experience with cloud services in the areas of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
• Has led organizations with an emphasis on consultative, proactive support and delivering tangible, high-value customer outcomes with a minimum of 15 or more years experience and leadership positions including at least 10 years in leadership role.
• Bachelors Eng. degree Master's degree preferred or commensurate experience
• ITIL professional qualification in Service Management would be a plus
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Java EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, JMS, MQ, SOAP, REST)
- Web presentation and control layer technology (JSF, Struts, AJAX)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, LDAP)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Cloud computing fundamentals, Docker, Kuberbetes, AWS
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion,Git, Jenkins, Teamcity)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.