CCO - Cloud Customer Partner - Remote, US
We are looking for a Cloud Customer Partner to join our Guidewire Customer and Cloud Operations (CCO) organization. The Cloud Customer Partner will be based in the U.S. and will report to the Senior Director of Cloud Operations Strategy.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
We’re looking for an experienced Cloud Customer Partner that can build and maintain a strong relationship with our Guidewire Cloud customers, and whom can provide firm guidance and leadership to the various parties involved in the customer’s journey. Cloud Customer Partners will get involved early on during the customer’s implementation and/or migration to Guidewire Cloud, and will also serve as a liaison between the customer team and the CCO organization once the customer is successfully deployed to Guidewire Cloud. In this role, you will be an advocate for our customers, as well as understanding and advocating the benefits of the service & operating model that defines the Guidewire Cloud offering. On a day to day basis, you may be involved in areas such as service management, system restoration, cloud infrastructure, product update planning and execution, and “devops” tasks such as build and release management. No matter what task you face on a given day, you will collaborate closely with an impressive team of peers whose primary goal is our customer’s success. We particularly value demonstrated leadership capability and presence, project management experience, excellent organization skills, negotiation skills, and of course the ability to work well as part of an overall organization.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- This is a customer facing role and a priority is placed on exceptional customer service skills including but not limited to professional communication capability, timely response procedures, and understanding the sense of urgency that is characteristic of any production system setting.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our customers to ensure they understand and are prepared to successfully operate in this service-based subscription model.
- Ability to complete Guidewire product certification on one or more Guidewire products at the “Business Analyst” level.
- Work closely with all parties involved in implementation or cloud migration programs (including Guidewire Professional Services, System Integration Partners, and customer resources) to effectively identify, coordinate, and manage tasks pertaining to the preparation and launch into Guidewire Cloud.
- Advocate for the importance of our Cloud Assurance program and ensure customers understand our recommendations and are executing on those recommendations to optimize their Guidewire solutions.
- Work with our Cloud Program Management function to ensure our Guidewire Cloud programs are adhering to our defined methodologies and best practices.
- Once live in Production, take a leadership role alongside the customer and any implementation parties in stabilizing the Guidewire ecosystem and ensuring the customer is prepared to operate within the Guidewire Cloud model
- Challenge and identify ways to continuously improve our internal service management capabilities by understanding our customer’s unique needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate functional and technical requirements to a remote team.
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership.
- This role will require ability to travel onsite to U.S. and/or Canadian customers on a scheduled basis. Travel is estimated at maximum of 50% but may peak to 75% for short periods around key customer delivery dates.
- This role has potential for occasional travel to other Guidewire offices (U.S. and international).
- Guidewire Cloud is a service offering with defined contractual SLA’s. While the Cloud Customer Partner will work during normal business hours of the customer, occasional high priority work outside of established business hours may be necessary (i.e., to help with urgent customer issues).
- Preference given to candidates that have 5+ years of experience leading and managing enterprise software implementation teams (or team tracks) within a corporate IT or consulting environment (Guidewire projects preferred)
- Preference given to candidates that have 2+ years of “hands on” work with Guidewire core applications (PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, BillingCenter, or Data Management)
- Comfort being in a dynamic role that is not always fully defined and that will mature with our solution offerings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills performed in a time-sensitive environment
- Experience using an Agile based methodology
- Proven ability to influence customers and build relationships, both with “on the ground” resources and those in Management/Executive roles
- Ability to quickly triage customer issues and prioritize tasks (i.e., differentiate between production issues and future enhancement work)
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Experience working with a “software as a service” offering and understanding the differences versus on-premise software
- Experience with commercial software such as customer incident tracking systems, work effort management, etc.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge is not necessary, but is nice to have
- “Devops” experience is not necessary, but is nice to have
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science (B.S., B.A.) or equivalent from higher education institution
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.