DevOps Engineer, Commodity Tools - Foster City, CA
Are you passionate about developer productivity and developing software solutions? Do you know how to install, configure, administer, and maintain high-availability, large-scale applications/ tools? Are you detail-oriented, have strong sense of responsibility and thrive on efficiency? If you answered yes, we’re the right place for you.
You will be part of IT Operations team that provides solid solutions to enable our development team to quickly and efficiently develop new products. This critical team combines tools installation, application administration, enabling infrastructure and configuration as service by developing software using ansible/terraform to support our Guidewire development team and customers’ needs. As a member of this team, you will have the ability and responsibility to make decisions that will benefit Guidewire in the long term. We welcome creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by technical problems, with a strong desire to make services better for users.
Guidewire develops and implements market-leading insurance software solutions. Our success comes from a wonderfully tuned combination of highly focused business developers, talented programmers and skilled consultants. Our mission is to constantly improve so that our customers can deliver insurance the way that they want to. And that’s where you come in. You’ll have fun working at a company voted as one of the best places to work. At Guidewire Development, our process is sustainable, work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, thorough, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/life-guidewire/about-us/
- Work in agile team to support deliverables and handle tickets based on SLA in tandem
- Collaborate, setup, test , monitor, manage and operate development and production environment in both datacenters and cloud platform.
- Install, upgrade, setup and configure commodity tools like bitbucket, artifactory etc.
- Modernize existing application and environment deployment process using configuration management tools.
- Collaborate with other engineers to drive development of solutions that help developer productivity.
- Hands on involvement with IT on systems related projects
- Build automation for system configurations, application upgrades, monitoring and rollout
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and desire to work in a complex, fast paced environment with rapid priority changes to accommodate customer needs.
- Very good understanding of Linux and scripting
- 8+ Years of experience
- Experience with 2 or more scripting languages Python, BASH, batch, Perl, etc.
- Build and deploy infrastructure using terraform
- Experience setting up, configuring and administering applications like Bitbucket, Artifactory , Nexus
- Experience in dynamic environment provisioning/automation, using configuration automation tools in a container / virtualized / cloud environment (Ansible, or equivalent)
- Administration, managing, and upgrading technology platforms/applications
- Experience with container technologies (Docker)
- Strong ability to document standards, procedures of configuration environments.
- Experience building and setting up system and application monitoring.
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud and/or vSphere infrastructure
- Proven ability to automate software and application installation, setup and configuration
- Ability to collaborate well with others
- Practice Test Driven Development and pairing with other engineers
- Passionate about solving problems for largescale distributed systems
Desired Skills and Experience:
Exposure to agile methodology of execution (Scrum or Kanban)
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.