Senior Data Engineer, Cyber Risk Analytics - San Mateo, CA
Senior Data Engineer Cyber Risk Analytics
The Cyence Cyber Risk Analytics group is an internal subdivision of Guidewire Software, Inc (acquired in 2017). Cyence brings together data science, cybersecurity, and economics to build a unique analytics platform that quantifies the financial impact of cyber risk. Cyence is used by leading firms in the financial services industry to prospect and select risks, assess and price risks, manage risk portfolios and accumulations, and bring new cyber-insurance products to market. Learn more at https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence.
- Develop software to perform large-scale data processing and analytics
- Build Cloud-based infrastructure to automate and scale data processing tasks
- Contribute to the design and architecture of innovative solutions to difficult problems
- Building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Actively participate in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passion for solving difficult problems involving data and mathematics
- 6+ years experience in a data engineering or similar equivalent role
- Willingness to learn new technologies, be nimble and adaptable
- Excellent programming skills in Python or Java (open to Python), coupled with a deep understanding of object-oriented software design patterns
- Solid knowledge of databases and SQL
- Extensive experience with Amazon AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, ECS, S3, SQS, Redshift
- Familiarity with open source data processing frameworks such as NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase), Hadoop (MapReduce, Hive, Pig), Apache Spark
- Experience with ETL (hand-coded or using commercial/open source tools)
- Experience with data mining and machine learning
- Experience with data analysis tools such as R and Pandas
- Experience with Docker in a production environment
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.