Senior Technical Program Manager, Information Security Strategic Projects - San Mateo, CA
As part of the Information Security team, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Technical Program Manager, Information Security Strategic Projects. This individual must be a natural communicator who can bridge the gap and gain consensus and trust between the Information Security team and business stakeholders, be accurate and understandable, and manage actionable plans to guide our business to be more functional and successful by raising the security standards across the company.
This role is responsible for planning, executing, and delivering strategic security projects that balance the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, and risks.
You will lead strategic security initiatives (technical and business oriented) which includes engaging in or managing these activities – identification and prioritization of highest value improvement areas, understanding as-is processes, identifying gaps, gathering business requirements, developing and documenting possible solutions (e.g. process flows, systems designs and configurations, etc.), analysis and driving decisions to the optimal solution, scoping and developing implementation plans, leading cross-functional teams, and designing change management strategies to ensure user adoption
The role should have experience working with multiple departments such as Product Development, Information Systems/Technology and Cloud Operations.
- Manage key transformational and complex projects across distributed Information Security and multiple BUs teams
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Highly motivated and equally comfortable working independently or on a team to drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Illustrate key concepts through process descriptions, workflows and other visual diagrams
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to establish strategy / vision and analyze business tradeoffs
- Act as a liaison with client groups and the Information Security team to facilitate effective and seamless communication channels
- Create and manage all project management resources including project plans, issues log and status updates
- Facilitate project meetings including core team meetings and steering committee meetings
- Direct and manage projects from beginning to end. Develop and build knowledge across the project lifecycle including scope definition, business case development, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, vendor assessment, implementation, testing and training phases
- Manage vendor relationship and review scope of work in agreements
- Develop and lead change management and communications efforts
- Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
Desired Skills & Experience
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate cross-functional technical teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
- 10+ years project/program management experience leading security or information systems technology implementations
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end product development, cloud operations and/or information systems/technology business processing
- A minimum of two large scale security or IS/IT systems implementations (e.g. Oracle, Salesforce) at medium sized SaaS software companies is required
- Strong influencing, collaboration, persuasion and consensus-building skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and build relationship across disciplines
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making.
- Effective problem solving. Can see the big picture while also being able to understand the details and navigate to successful results.
- Strategic mindset and orientation. Can effectively look out several years and project business or operational implications, trends, risks, uncertainties and/or opportunities.
- Ability to balance between competing priorities
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.