Operations Director - Dublin, Ireland
Operations Director – Dublin, Ireland
As Ops Director on the Infrastructure Team, you are responsible for managing a multitude of areas such as:
- wide-area networks,
- data centers,
- cloud apps including O365 apps,
- and campus/corporate networks
- all A/V equipment
- and biztech applications like Salesforce, Oracle apps
You will also be responsible for ensuring that the company's workforce is able to successfully - and securely - leverage the applications 24X7.
- Design effective monitoring / alerting on servers, networks, and application-errors, high memory usage, and log aggregation approaches to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics.
- Perform trend analysis of system logs, application logs, history reports, audits, performance management data, et cetera.
- To identify performance issues and drive improvements to ensure optimal performance.
- Monitor open major incident and problem tickets for potential escalations, and ensure effective communication regarding issue status and potential impact to appropriate stakeholders. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams.
- Work with escalation managers and IT teams to perform incident root cause analysis RCA, and provide recommended solutions.
- Oversee the team code/scripts to configure services, using tools and languages including Python, SSCM, and Bash, PowerShell
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques
- Working trouble tickets effectively and efficiently, while engaging closely with engineering, and other operations personnel in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Documenting problem descriptions and providing detailed problem diagnosis with accuracy and compliance with established practices
- Reviewing and where necessary, updating the tracking of problems in the trouble-ticketing system
- Monitoring and reporting the status of tickets and tasks assigned to the NOC and ensuring items are coordinated, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately.
- Facilitating a high-performance team environment and employee engagement
- Determining the time and resources needed to complete assigned goals
- Training, coaching, and development of the team
- Identifying, developing, communicating, and implementing process changes within the NOC
- Generate key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements, ticket resolution, and customer issues
- Coordinating on-call support rotation and working to move the team to shift coverage of 24/7/365 operation
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI’s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
What you need to be successful:
- 10+ years of experience in technology either Systems/Network/Cloud Apps Infrastructure Services Support
- Strong previous security experience as well as O365 experience
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent certification strongly recommended
- Solid communications skills to work with our business partners
- Experience developing and documenting solutions, processes, and issues
- Ability to work on and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Extensive working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and write bash/shell scripts and Powershell
- Extensive knowledge of SCCM, Jampf, monitoring tools, Service now, Jira
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as ELK, Splunk
- Good understanding of biz-apps support
- Bachelor's Degree preferably Computer Science or a similar field is required
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.