Director, Global Customer Support, Customer & Cloud Operations - Foster City, CA
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the Insurance Industry, second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth 2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics.
We are seeking an experienced leader who has built and managed a globally-distributed customer response team for cloud-based and on-premise applications, in a customer environment with strict Service Level Agreements and high expectations for customer service.
You will be growing and leading a distributed organization of Team Leads and Support Analysts that are responsible for responding to their mission-critical Guidewire systems. Your role will be divided between strategic program development and operational execution. You will monitor and manage Business-as-Usual operations and also build and provide leadership and mentoring to a team that will take on increasing responsibility for ensuring operational goals are met. You will serve as an Escalation point for high-severity customer incidents and in dealing with sensitive customer situations.
The role also requires a strong vision that supports the evolution of Guidewire’s on-premise software installed base toward a Guidewire-managed, cloud-deployed customer application model. A critical success factor will be applying experience and strategy to achieve scale in distributing problem-solving knowledge across the Guidewire organization and driving product and process improvements that improve the reliability and maintainability of customer deployments.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- Set vision and plan for the Customer Support organization that reinforces Guidewire’s strategic direction and drives economies of scale in service delivery.
- Collaborate across key Guidewire functions, including Customer and Cloud Operations (CCO), Professional Services, and Product Development to ensure service level and quality standards are met.
- Maintain communication with leadership throughout the organization to advise on evolving service strategies, changing processes and standards, and ongoing performance of the Customer Support and related teams.
- Monitor and drive execution of business-as-usual Customer Support team activity to process customer Incidents and ensure courteous, timely and effective response of customer issues.
- Plan and implement ongoing development, training, coaching and annual performance reviews for Customer Support leaders and associates.
- Establish cross-training and continuous improvement processes with the goal to have all support associates capable of effectively troubleshooting and resolving Incidents.
- Establish professional development goals and paths that allow associates to grow into leaders and experts that can expand and transfer knowledge across the organization.
- Effectively deploy and use operational metrics and customer surveys to drive overall process effectiveness and positive service outcomes, along with employee satisfaction.
- Assist with the definition, documentation, communication and training of Incident, Problem and Service Request Management standards inspired by ITIL best practices.
- Relevant experience in developing or building a customer-facing support or services role within a technology-oriented company
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline from higher education institution. MBA or master’s degree in a related discipline is highly desired.
- 8+ years in supervisory, leadership, and management roles for customer-facing technical teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in gaining a clear understanding of customer technical and/or business issues to drive appropriate urgency and course of action for complex customer situations and escalations.
- Experience defining and executing Incident and Problem Management processes as a resolver accountable for root cause analysis, resolution and reporting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and effectively delegate where needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability influence teams, peer leaders, as well as third-party business and technology partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of management.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams of varying experience levels and culturally diversity.
- Availability to travel to work with and grow a globally-distributed organization and peer management team (approx. 25%)
- Prior experience working with Guidewire Software applications in a technical or management capacity.
- Prior experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry working with business processes and core IT systems.
- Leadership experience with cloud technologies or data center operations that involve monitoring infrastructure, servers, middleware, databases, applications, and performance.
- Prior experience with Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) or similar methodologies, as well as industry service standards such as ITIL.
- Experience working with software product organizations to optimize product performance, improve product reliability, and enhance tooling and infrastructure for reliable cloud application delivery.
- Knowledge of application monitoring products such as AppDynamics and SumoLogic
- Experience defining and/or implementing Information Security protocols in cloud or data center environments
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty insurance industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.