Regional Sales Leader-APAC
Regional Sales Leader – APAC
In this role, you will manage an APAC team of 6-8 field-based software sales representatives and be responsible for a multi-million dollar sales quota in enterprise software license and subscriptions.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of your sales team and for ensuring they are properly managing their customer and prospect pipelines in a way that results in meeting and exceeding their sales targets.
Your team will sell both direct and through partners and will have support of sales product specialists and sales engineers in executing your sales plan.
Managing the Business
- Sales coverage- Builds well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving sales activities to achieve margin; collaborates within the company and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources.
- Account Planning- Assists in planning sales strategy; manages the internal processes in support of sales reps and selling activities; aligns tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy; actively develops and manages geography business plans to meet revenue goals/quotas; develops plans that articulate the strategies/requirements essential for focusing sales activities, forecasts accurately and communicates sales progress; actively manages and signs off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Pipeline management- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
- Deal management- Reviews deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by the company's back-end operations
- Business acumen- Exhibits base level of business, financial and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; continuously monitors and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with the company's business direction, the quality of business practices and optimum organization performance.
- Strategic sales planning & implementation- Orchestrates the development of strategic sales plans that reflect the company's business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable growth.
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy- Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
Leading & Managing Sales People
- Coaching & Performance Management- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers.
- Leadership- Models effective selling skills; motivates and supports sales teams in selling; demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- People development- Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain the company's sales force excellence within area of control; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Change management- Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control.
Selling as a Sales Manager
- Focus on strategic direction- Understands the overall company strategic direction and portfolio, and can assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- C-level partnering- Contributes to enduring executive relationships at the highest levels of the client's organization; personally interacts with executives; establishes professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives in support of other established relationships with the client.
- Consultative selling- Strategizes and coaches team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for the company; prepares for client calls in partnership with sales teams and supports the efforts of the team during client meetings; ensures sales teams have access to other company resources and encourages them to nurture relationships with client influencers and decision makers.
- Industry and client knowledge- Stays current with industry and competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue; maintains an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map company capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
- Directly related management experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Experience in leading a technology sales team in achieving sales results in a complex sale.
- Demonstrated level of project management skills.
- University or Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 7+ years’ experience in software sales.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.