Technical Instructor, Programming 80% Travel, Remote, US
Can you teach as well as you gather business requirements?
Guidewire Professional Services is growing our Education Services team based on strong demand.
We would like to ﬁnd an experienced technical instructor, trainer, or implementation consultant with an interest in delivering product training that teaches customers, partners, and employees how to define business requirements and to configure our products. This role serves as a customer-facing position representing Guidewire Software. The successful instructor is expected to become proﬁcient in how to write business requirements for our products, how our products can be conﬁgured, and how to adhere to best practices along the way. The instructor will work closely with other Guidewire instructors, content developers, and implementation consultants to keep abreast of product capabilities, to contribute to improvements in our Education content, and review new content before they are ﬁnalized for delivery.
To learn more about Guidewire Education, visit us at https://education.guidewire.com.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will need:
- Strong knowledge of P&C Insurance, experience in writing business requirements for projects, experience working on Agile projects, and knowledge of testing project deliverables.
- Understanding of the role of a business analyst on a software implementation project.
- Understanding of Java, or C#, or similar object-oriented language.
- Understanding of XML, how its structure is controlled, and the tools used to generate and parse XML documents.
- Experience with SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL or other RDBMS. Able to write simple to moderately complex SQL queries. Understands data modeling concepts and ideally has some experience in database design in a business application environment.
- Ideally experienced with packaged software implementations having been involved in an at least one implementation project as a contributor in either a development, project manager, or business analyst role.
Some of the essential training skills needed are:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience delivering technical training to software developers or business analysts
- Comfortable presenting complex ideas in simple ways to a diverse learner audience
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on the spot to enable students to complete exercises
- Demonstrated ability to eﬃciently work with customers
- Previous experience with complex enterprise application software
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work.
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time.
- Fluent in English. Ideally also fluent in French or German.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.