Proposal and Contracts Analyst - Edina, MN
We are seeking an experienced Proposal and Contracts Analyst to join our sales operations team to deliver excellence in our quoting and contracting efforts. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and business savvy, excels at writing and project management, is able to manage priorities and multitask, and can partner with key decision makers to drive to successful outcomes.
Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, the Proposal and Contracts Analyst will primarily focus on the Deal Desk and Proposal Development. Using knowledge of the company’s products and services, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Deal administration, price quotes, business approvals, software licensing and service agreements, and project managing the operational requirements for varying levels of deal sizes and complexities. You will partner with cross-functional teams including Sales, Services, Legal, Finance, and rest of the Operations team to align resources to facilitate deal closure. You will process all pricing and contracts, project manage approval workflows, and develop systems to ensure timely delivery of customer requirements.
- Provide hands on analysis and project management of the deal desk, including, but not limited to: contract research, creation of price quotes, business approvals, and order requests for varying levels of deal size and complexity.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to field sales on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort.
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies. Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand complex sales issues.
- Assess priority and urgency, anticipate bottlenecks and balance customer demands
- Build strong productive relationships and feedback loops with senior management, legal, finance, and operations teams to drive deal efficiency and sales representative satisfaction with the contracting process best practices
- Project-manage the entire proposal response, from initial review of the RFI/P to release of final deliverable to the client. This includes ensuring all packaging of responses is consistently professional, assigning action items, and holding colleagues accountable to deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge of company and its offerings and understand all new initiatives that impact proposal responses.
- Drive current customer contract audit and verification
- Preparation of contract amendments
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Position will require less than 10% travel
Desired Skills & Experience / Requirements
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance or related degree required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in an Enterprise Software company and with at least 2 years in a sales operations role.
- Exceptional ability to multitask, prioritize and manage changing priorities.
- Outstanding writing, editing and project management skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish.
- Excellent cross-organizational skills, including the ability to influence without authority and communicate with senior executives.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Advanced Salesforce.com skills.
- Advanced MS Office software skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Collegial, proactive attitude, ability to work with a team in fast-paced environment is essential.
- Discretion and a high-level confidentiality are required in this role.
- Ability to grasp the functional and technical overview of the Guidewire Software product suite.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.