Data Management ETL, Application Engineer – Customer & Cloud Operations
Title: Application Engineer (Data Management) – Customer & Cloud Operations
Department: Cloud and Customer Operations
We are looking for Application engineers (Data Management) to join our Guidewire Customer and Cloud Operations (CCO) organization.
Application engineers (Data Management) will be based in Dublin, Ireland and they will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
The CCO team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Guidewire’s software products and hosted infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help build Guidewire’s future business by shaping the future of how technology is used as a Software Service supporting the Insurance business.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Work in a hands-on capacity to support and maintain Guidewire data management solutions using ETL tools in the areas of Business Intelligence and Data Integration;
- Assisting the customers in their use of Guidewire’s Data Management Products and providing high level recommendations/solutions where needed;
- Analyzing the customer reported issues and working for their resolution in a timely manner;
- Building up the skills needed to improve the response times of the data loads;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborating with the internal teams for quicker resolution of the customer reported issues;
To be successful in this role you will need to have a majority of the following technical skills:
- Experience in or knowledge of relational database theory;
- Experience of using Cognos for reports design and their maintenance;
- Knowledge of data-warehousing, Data Marts (including star and snowflake schemas) and BI
- Experience in or knowledge of Data Mapping and Data Modeling;
- SQL scripting skills (TSQL and/or PL/SQL), including query optimization;
- Experience using ETL tools (e.g. SAP (Business Objects Data Services) - preferred, Informatica, SSIS).
You’ll also need the following attributes:
- Effective communication skills for interacting with customers;
- Effective writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise and high-quality customer facing technical documents;
- A strong sense of accountability and self-motivation;
- An ability to think critically and an aptitude for problem solving; good trouble shooting skills;
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or a related field.
Additional nice to have skills/experience include:
- Experience in or knowledge of XML and Java Programming skills;
- Experience in property and casualty insurance.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.