Senior Director/Director - Cloud Claims Solution, Product Management - Foster City, CA
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the P&C Insurance industry and is actively working to extend its market leadership by delivering the next generation of cloud claims solutions to solve key challenges our customers face. Our new cloud claims solutions will allow our customers to unlock innovation, pursue disruptive new market opportunities, and otherwise empower them to reimagine the way they do business in P&C.
We are looking for a proven product management executive to join our world-class leadership team as Senior Director or Director of Claims Cloud Solutions Product Management. Reporting directly to Head of Cloud Solutions, you will lead a talented team of product managers, P&C claims domain experts, and user experience designers to deliver a cloud claims solution that delight our customers while providing the basis for Guidewire’s continued financial success and business growth in the years to come.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-oriented leader that is responsible for driving the entire solution definition and delivery lifecycle from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire customers. As a highly respected and influential member of the leadership team, you will be a transformational change agent with a strong customer focus that can guide and inspire your team to define our new cloud claims solution that will deliver measurable results for customers.
This position will be located at Guidewire corporate headquarters in Foster City, California.
- Build next generation cloud claims solutions on the Guidewire platform
- Evangelize adoption of new claims solutions by Guidewire customers
- Drive top-line revenue growth from cloud claims sales
- Own the overarching claims solution vision, strategy and execution plan to deliver a solution that will provide measurable results for our customers.
- Be accountable for business, financial, and operations planning processes required to ensure the new cloud claims solutions meet expectations for in-market performance and top line revenue growth.
- Drive development of a cohesive, multi-year claims solution strategy based on market needs as well as input from subject matter experts both within and outside of Guidewire.
- Lead market analysis, insight development, and market prioritization activities to fully inform claims solution requirements definition and opportunity validation.
- Champion customer-centered, market-driven thinking throughout the claims solution team to ensure proposed claims solution is fully aligned with business needs.
- Develop a deep, customer-informed perspective and understanding of key market drivers, business challenges and new technology needs across the P&C industry.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to define comprehensive programs for transitioning existing Guidewire customers to the cloud.
- Help evolve and optimize Guidewire’s agile development lifecycle as required to enable rapid inception, definition, and continuous improvement of innovative new cloud claims solutions.
- Act as a key contributor and highly influential member of the product development leadership team that commands attention and drives alignment across a range of opinions, alternatives and competing interests.
- Evangelize Guidewire’s claims solution strategy and vision to both internal and external stakeholders, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
- Manage a globally distributed team of product managers, business analysts, domain experts and other key contributors responsible for next generation cloud claims solutions in P&C.
- Recruit and mentor a high performance product management team, ensuring members have the resources, skills, and capabilities needed to conceive, define and deliver new cloud claims solution.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible product management leadership experience in planning, launching, and oversight of highly configurable enterprise software products and solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in managing definition and market delivery of cloud-based and cloud-native business applications.
- Very strong business acumen and ability to plan, execute, and achieve revenue targets across the solution portfolio.
- Highly technical individual who is familiar with the latest cloud and other modern technologies but also has the intellectual curiosity to explore the market potential of new technology innovations.
- Deep understanding of product management operational metrics and KPIs to provide visibility and accountability across the solution development lifecycle.
- Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered experience design and of design-oriented thinking overall.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives.
- Highly structured and well-organized individual with ability to successfully manage product management activities across multiple, concurrently running solution domains.
- Ability to balance a desire for enabling new software innovations with the need to fulfill business needs and customer expectations.
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be.
- BA/BS in quantitative field such as Math, Computer Science or Economics. MBA preferred.
Guidewire delivers the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Integrity: We insist on truthful relationships with customers, partners, and each other in everything we do.
At the heart of Guidewire’s culture are three core values:
Collegiality: We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
Rationality: We act, communicate and make decisions with factual knowledge.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.