Cloud Architect - San Mateo, CA
We are on the hunt for a talented Cloud Architect to manage our company's cloud architecture and position in cloud environments. You will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 7+ years' experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Establish and maintain subject matter expertise in cloud-based application development
- Maintain awareness of current cloud computing market trends and cloud market insights
- Serve as a trusted technical and business advisor to ecosystem partners
- Lead envisioning, Architecture Design Session (ADS) and Proof of Concept (POC) workshops
- Define architectures and deployment strategies to launch existing or new workloads in Cloud Platforms
- Lead partner technical on boarding efforts and ensure partner enablement plan execution
- Proven ability to develop detailed infrastructure solution designs.
- Demonstrate SME skills across two technology domains that may include: Compute, Storage, Network, Middleware, Database
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale infrastrucure
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.