Production Support Engineer
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees, and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
We’re looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join SaaS Operations team and help advance the success of our customers using our Cloud based insurance applications.
Production Support Engineer
Location: Bedford, MA
As a member of the SaaS Operations Team at Guidewire Software, the Production Support Engineer will work closely with your team, R&D Engineers, and our Professional Services team to diagnose and resolve technical issues for your customers. You will respond to situations across all levels of the application architecture (e.g. hardware, network, middleware, and application) and either identify a solution yourself or coordinate with Engineering and Professional Services to develop the best solution for our customer. You will be trouble shooting in production environments and proactively ensuring our standard of 99.999% uptime for their critical business applications. This position is perfect for an experienced Production Support Engineer who enjoys working on a strong DevOps team but who likes technical challenges, problem solving and has a passion for customer success.
- Using our defect tracking system, work with Guidewire customers to understand any issues they report.
- Work with our development group members in a collaborative, team oriented fashion to isolate, diagnose, and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion and meeting service level agreements (SLAs).
- Manage critical issues and facilitate to resolution.
- Use our sophisticated and industry leading configuration tools to resolve customer change requests.
- Coordinate deployments according to best practices including installing (post-release) maintenance pack bundles and hot-fixes.
- Work within the team on efficient service delivery and automation at every level.
- Work with development on new features, product enhancements and improvements.
- Understanding of:
- n-tier Web-based application architectures
- Internet Production application deployment and debugging
- Internet architectures and related diagnostic tools
- Java, J2EE, App Servers, XML technologies
- Ability to:
- Diagnose problems in a complex web application
- Work with Linux systems in a Production environment
- Work with MySQL databases
- Write SQL extracts to support trouble shooting
- Meet schedule commitments with high quality software
- Demonstrated and proven:
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Strong working knowledge and experience with technical support processes, case management tools and ticketing systems or software applications (e.g. Jira, Trac)
- Abilities as a contributing member of a high performing team
- Abilities as a self-motivated, fast moving, creative thinker with exceptional process, engineering and relationship skills
- High-level analytical and problem solving abilities are a must
- 10-12+ years of experience supporting Internet-based applications in Production environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Product Development, Professional Services teams and members of SaaS Operations to solve customer problems.
- Possess computer programming or software application coding skills (Java programming experience is preferred).
- Experience with Rich Internet Technologies (HTML5 , AJAX or Flash).
- Experience with Jira, SVN, Maven, Nagios, AWS, Cloud technologies and Virtual Machines is a plus.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com. Follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.