Project Manager (Cloud Assurance Production Services)
Project Manager - CAPS (Cloud Assurance Production Services)
What we do
We are Guidewire Software. We are market leaders in insurance software, serving the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking). We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 50 countries.
We are looking for a Project Manager with our Cloud Assurance team, you will work primarily with new and existing Guidewire Cloud customers to manage their production needs. This will involve working directly with Guidewire development and testing teams in a customer facing role where you will ensure successful project delivery of production ready code. You will also coordinate Cloud Assurance Assessments with customer teams to ensure the quality of all code deployed to Guidewire Cloud. You will be a part of a new, growing Cloud Assurance group within our Professional Services organization that will be at the forefront of Guidewire’s ongoing migration to the cloud.
- Develop successful relationship with Guidewire customers and partners, working proactively with them to build consistent delivery pipeline for their future work.
- Manage the Project Lifecycle of multiple projects simultaneously in a production environment.
- Management of the Cloud Assurance Assessment process working with customers and development teams to ensure review outputs are actioned appropriately.
- Lead meetings, coach team members, create & maintain project plans.
- Develop & maintain consistent approach to project delivery across multiple Guidewire Cloud customers.
- Evaluate and track available resource capacity vs. remaining project effort.
- Effectively communicate status delivery and Cloud Assurance work to Management.
- Utilize software such as Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, GIT, SVN.
- Manage global Guidewire development and testing teams in an Agile environment, often acting as Scrum Master.
- Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
- Occasionally travel to offshore development team and customer site, as needed.
- Project Management experience.
- Resource Management experience.
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Follows Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated strong ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners and managing multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, high stress projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
- Technical knowledge.
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire delivers the industry platform that Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business. We are privileged to serve more than 380 companies in 34 countries. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
© 2019 Guidewire Software, Inc. For more information about Guidewire’s trademarks, visit https://guidewire.com/legal-notices. Document Published: 2019-11-20
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.