Income Tax Manager - Foster City, CA
Guidewire Software is looking for a dynamic Income Tax Manager to join our tax team. In your important role as Income Tax Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the preparation of all aspects of the quarterly and annual tax provision including foreign tax information, current and deferred provision, and tax footnotes.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Guidewire’s federal, state and local outsourced tax returns.
- Responsible for maintenance of SOX documentation.
- Assist in managing Guidewire’s tax audits.
- Perform tax research and generate positions to support tax filing positions.
- Respond to tax notices from various jurisdictions.
- May assist with other projects, as needed.
- Interact with HR, Finance, Payroll, tax authorities/auditors, and outside consultants.
Customer & Industry Knowledge
- Knowledge of conceptual and computational aspects of tax provision, effective tax rate analysis and financial statement disclosure; understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and how GAAP relates and impacts tax reporting
- Strong technical knowledge of tax law and its application
- 5-7 years of related corporate tax experience with national accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- BS/BA degree in Accounting /Business or related field;
- CPA preferred
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.