Director, Global Customer Support
Are you passionate about customer success? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing team that provides the best customer service in the industry? If so, come join us at Guidewire!
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovative products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We were privileged to serve more than 380 companies in 34 countries, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
We’re searching for people who are as passionate as we are about working together to deliver quality support services. Join us and enjoy a career where you can make an impact. You’ll be inspired by those around you, and you’ll be trusted and empowered to go further.
Guidewire’s CASE team (Customer Application Support Engineering) is part of the Product Development, Operations and Support (PDOS) organization, which is responsible for building, deploying, and supporting the Guidewire Cloud Platform.
As one of our Global Support Directors, you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional Tribe that delivers 24x7 support to one or more Guidewire customers. Your Tribe will be comprised of developers, operations, and support staff located around the world to deliver a consistent support experience to Guidewire customers in a follow-the-sun model. You will collaborate with other Global Support Directors to ensure the adoption of best practices across the Global Support organization, including the definition of processes that support good case management and customer self-service.This position requires strong leadership skills, a deep commitment to customer satisfaction, and experience in driving process improvement. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Support, your role will be both strategic and tactical – defining best practices, producing detailed process documentation, and working with the Support organization to adopt those practices. This Global Support Director role can reside in one of our global offices:
- San Mateo, California
- Exton, Pennsylvania
- Dublin, Ireland
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for hiring, training, and performance management of employees, including regular one-on-one meetings, goal setting, and performance reviews with your direct reports
- Execute staffing and optimal resource planning to provide 24x7 global coverage for your assigned customers
- Respond to and take ownership of all customer escalations
- Understand and refine the processes and subprocesses that the Global Support organization uses to manage incoming support cases
- Assist with the definition, documentation, communication and training of case management SOPs inspired by ITIL best practices
- Collaborate with other Global Support Directors to drive the standardization and adoption of best practices across the Global Support organization
- Execute and lead cross-functional customer experience improvement projects
- Provide regular reports on key operational metrics
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to achieve ISO certification and ensure the Global Support organization passes annual ISO audits
- Develop action plans to address areas of concern identified in customer satisfaction surveys
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Global Support
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and Work Experience:
- 10+ years of work experience managing/leading an enterprise software support teams
- Direct people leadership experience including building out, managing performance and skill development
- PMP and/or ITIL Certification is required
- Experience managing and collaborating with virtual or remote international teams
- Demonstrable experience defining, implementing, and managing business process change
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Team orientation – Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to lead/manage large conference calls
- Exceptional ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Ability to convert general data and findings into specific, actionable recommendations
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We are a global team providing 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to be available as needed for after-hours production emergencies
- Expect travel up to 25% to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire’s InsuranceNow is an all-in-one Cloud based platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our insurance customers’ business. Insurance Platform provides Core insurance business functions such as policy, claims, and billing management, and data analytics and reporting, as well as digital experience for customers. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.