Senior Architect - Technical Consultant - EMEA
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
The Professional Services Organization:
Technical Integration Consultan
We deploy small, highly-skilled team of functional and technical consultants/experts. We send a small team of Subject Matter Experts who work in tandem with the insurance company’s internal team, and partners, to address their needs, and become a trusted technical advisor and mentor. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested – over 2,000 person years’ invested in our products so far.
As a Technical Integration consultant, you will participate in the design, development and testing of various technical initiatives during the assignment. You will help to ensure that an appropriate standard of quality is maintained in all integration code and assist with the definition and deployment of test cases. As a Technical Consultant, you will act as a mentor to customer integration team members and participate in knowledge transfer activities as well
In the event there is multiple integration consultants assigned to a project, one will be designated as the technical lead and the others will be designated as technical consultants
To be successful in this role you will need to have a majority of the following technical skills:
- Good client facing skills and enjoy working onsite.
- Work as hands on Developer
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
- Be prepared to write and review code, providing recommendations to customers and partners
- Enterprise software product implementation experience within complex, enterprise environments;
- Must be able understand the concepts of relational databases.
- Strong OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process
- Leading and collaborating across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects;
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, dependencies, and risk management processes are maintained;
- Seen as the trusted advisor: collaborates with customers, partners, and colleagues to understand and address complex technical problems;
- Takes responsibility for understanding customer requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, and problem resolution;
- Takes technical responsibility for all stages in the software development process including both configuration and integration of our products;
- Coaching and mentoring other team members as necessary on tools and methodology
- Experience in AGILE methodology
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
Customer Success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home. We have a Global Mobility team to ensure you have the right support.
Benefits: We know that people work based on incentives so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and long term cash incentives (LTI), as well as a number of other benefits such as pension and healthcare and opportunity to. See and hear from our employees at: careers.guidewire.com and read about our core values of integrity, rationality and collegiality in everything that we do. Keywords: Consulting, Consultant, Architect, Java, XML, ERP, CRM, JMS, JDBC, Gosu, Configuration, Integration, Insurance, Software Engineer ,Architect, Development, SQL , Senior Consultant
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.