Full Stack Engineer, Cyence - Chennai, India
Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics products help the property & casualty (P&C) industry to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence Risk Analytics provides insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products. To learn more about Cyence Risk Analytics, please visit https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence
We are seeking a talented Full stack developer to join our team in Chennai, India for our Tools & Analytics team
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build and enhance tools which would help the internal stake holders to analyze and understand the underlying data.
- Coordinate with global teams to understand the requirements and come up with action plan to code the same.
- Write highly efficient and optimized code that is easily scalable.
- Adherence to coding and quality standards
- Rafactor the existing code and update the unit test cases.
- Write unit test cases and documentations.
- Develop frameworks to help operationalize new products
- Be a multi-tasker, supporting teams across the globe. You’ll be one of the go-to people when anyone needs a data driven assessment of a situation
- S./M.S. degree or equivalent experience in IT/Computer Science with 3-6 years of Programming experience
- Good Understanding of object oriented Programming, asynchronous programming and event driven programming.
- Experience with Nodejs.
- Experience with Angular/React.js/jQuery ,redux ,RxJs
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Experience in HTML 5 and CSS3
- Experience with gulp,bower and npm
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python,shell script etc.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries. Experience in Postgres would be a plus.
- Strong hold of Algorithmic analysis and usage of data structures
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- A driven personality that is biased toward action, collaboration, and delivery
- Experience with unit testing frameworks like Jasmine,Karma and Mocha
- Experience with Mongodb.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in Functional Programming.
Cyence is an analytics platform that quantifies the financial impact of cyber risk. Our first market is the insurance industry, where we help our clients understand, assess and manage risks associated with a wide range of cybersecurity events in a data-informed way. Cyence is now a product family within Guidewire Software, but we have retained our startup culture of collaboration.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees, and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner.
We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics.
We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and under served market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.