Demo Team Solution Consultant / Engineer,- Remote, US or San Mateo, CA
- Do you enjoy rapid prototyping, creating proofs of concept to share with prospective clients?
- Does the thrill of working on and supporting diverse and unique sales opportunities interest you?
- Are you looking for a team that is just as much of a software development team as it is an extension of Solution Sales?
- Are you interested in being part of a team that tackles complex software requirements that need to meet both local and global market demands?
The Demonstration Solutions team (referred to as "Sales Engineering" in some other companies) is responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Sales organization for presentation to prospects. We are currently expanding our team to dedicate more time and effort to support our sales efforts.
The position involves working directly with members of the Sales and Product Development teams to configure our complex Demonstration Solutions that include country specific localizations. In this role we look for critical thinkers - people who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and design and configure comprehensive functionality in Guidewire’s suite of products. We place a high value on being able to contribute to a fast paced environment in a multitude of development related tasks.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of software development experience or configuring packaged application software with an ability to grow in to a product lead position.
You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile processes for software development. You must have strong technical skills, such as the ability to code in an object oriented programming language, debug complex issues, or troubleshoot environment configuration issues.
Although this is not a customer facing role it may include direct participation in sales opportunities and proofs-of-concept: designing, developing, and configuring creative and innovative solutions to prospects’ requirements.
- Work directly with the Sales team to implement new features from beginning to end, requirements gathering through to implementation, testing, and delivery
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve defects
- Collaborate with other development organizations within the company - providing feature demos and documentation, participating in joint design sessions, etc.
- Meet strict timelines and deliverables
- Actively participate in our Agile with Scrum development methodology
What you would need to succeed:
- Object oriented programming fundamentals (inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, etc.)
- Programming experience in Java, C#, etc.
- Cloud services (AWS) and cloud native software development
- Source Control and Collaborative Development Workflow (GIT, Github, Bitbucket)
- Agile development and documentation ability
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, RESTful Web services)
- Software testing and test frameworks
- Automated UI Testing (Selenium, Ranorex)
- Gosu experience
- Property and Casualty Insurance Industry Experience (or even life/health)
- Micro Service Development Experience
- CI and CD frameworks (Jenkins, Team City, Gradle, Groovy)
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey.
Guidewire InsuranceSuite is currently positioned in the Leaders quadrant in the “Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Platforms, North America.”. InsuranceNow is positioned in the Challengers quadrant in the “Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Platforms, North America.”
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2018. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world.
For more information visit www.guidewire.com
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.