Consulting Manager - EMEA, Remote
CONSULTING (STAFF) MANAGER
Location: Remote EU (Can be based in Ireland, Spain, Poland)
This role will be responsible for managing a staff of remote EMEA Guidewire field consultants who lead and execute the completion of software product implementation projects in the professional services arena, ensuring customer success. In this critical role, you will be responsible for onboarding and ongoing performance and development of a staff of consultants to ensure their success and continued development within Guidewire. Separately you will be asked to lead internal projects which will contribute to the development of the Professional Services EMEA resources and also to the development of our project partners in the region.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for line management of a group of functional and technical consultants in EMEA
- Onboard new consultants, conduct quarterly (performance) check-ins, request/deliver feedback, and create/track individual development plans
- Provide necessary coaching and ensure staff is receiving project mentoring
- Engage in capacity/resource planning in coordination with staffing resource manager
- Lead organizational efforts such as workforce planning, knowledge management, and succession planning
- Participate in candidate interviews and hiring decisions
- Manage performance issues and any arising internal conflict to resolution
- make recommendations for promotions and/or salary actions by gathering necessary feedback for informed decision-making
- Ensure available training and collateral (e.g. new product roll-out or skills development) is communicated to staff
- Monitor usage of paid time off and study leave to ensure compliance and ensure work/life balance
- Coordinate and project manage completion of internal initiatives as assigned
- Provide necessary mentoring and support to consultant as needed
- Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients
- Work with our Resource Management Office to identify demand and work with our network of partners regionally for augmentation.
- Engage with our regional partners to develop their capabilities to support our Professional Services needs in EMEA
- Experience as a people manager in a consulting organization or similar services organization within a software product company. You may have come from a technical background, having moved into a people and project management capacity
- Experience managing highly skilled remote consulting teams is highly desirable
- Experience skills gaps for consultants and designing training plans accordingly.
- Previous consulting background and experience in a technology environment a must and having a working understanding of the roles within a professional services team, i.e. knowledge of business architects, programme managers, functional and technical consultants, data migration consultants etc.
- Demonstrated success with aligning teams to meet company and functional objectives
- Ability to work with different groups across an organisation and to lead initiatives cross party.
- Demonstrated success as a manager with ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop Consulting staff
- Previous experience working with third party vendors and/or suppliers
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must and a preferred fluency in a second language from the following list: French, German or Italian.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the EMEA region on a monthly/bi-monthly basis. No visa sponsorship provided. The candidate will be able to work from a home location or Guidewire office but will need to be able to travel anywhere in EMEA so should have good airport links.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field required
Who are we?
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2019. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.