Software Engineer , Cyber Risk Analytics - San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, Cyber Risk Analytics
You will be part of Cyence DevOps team that provides solid solutions to enable our development team to quickly and efficiently develop new products. This critical team combines software development, software and system administration expertise to support our Guidewire development team and customers. As a member of this team, you will have the ability and responsibility to make decisions that will benefit Guidewire in the long term. We welcome creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by technical problems, with a strong desire to make services better for users.
Cyence is an internal subdivision of Guidewire Software, Inc (acquired in 2017). Cyence brings together data science, cybersecurity, and economics to build a unique analytics platform that quantifies the financial impact of cyber risk. Cyence is used by leading firms in the financial services industry to prospect and select risks, assess and price risks, manage risk portfolios and accumulations, and bring new cyber-insurance products to market. Learn more at https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence
- You will be designing, writing and building a highly scalable tool to produce efficient, large data sets to be part of our Data lake.
- You will have freedom to select tools and technologies to achieve optimal results
- Opportunity to be part of a development team that’s fun, dynamic and above all, passionate for technology.
- Work with peers who are experts in Cyber, IaaS, Distributed Systems, Data Science and Big Data
- Strong experience building tools using Python, Java or equivalent
- Significant experience in scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Solid experience using Linux as a development environment
- Solid knowledge and experience of working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience implementing SOAP/REST interfaces
- Familiarity with database design concept and experience working with Postgres or any relational database platforms
- You have strong understanding of concurrency concepts and multi-threading
- You have experience in cloud engineering problems around scalability and resiliency
- You have experience in building distributed systems with understanding of distributed systems protocols and algorithms
- Experience with AWS/GCP or other cloud providers
- Experience working with internet protocols and tools; tcp, udp, http, https, dns, ftp, smtp, nmap
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- BS in Computer Science or related degree required; MS preferred
- Solid software engineering experience with large code bases
- Experience using formal development processes, version control and tools.
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
- Self starter & team player
- Great communication skills. Passionate about working with other people and act as technical lead of projects.
At Guidewire Development, our process is sustainable, work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, thorough, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/life-guidewire/about-us/
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.