Software Engineer in Test - Analytics and Data Services - Columbia, SC
Do you have experience in helping build high quality and scalable data-processing pipelines and data applications? Are you a strong coder with a passion for quality? Are you interested in shaping & contributing to new products and frameworks?
Guidewire Software is looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for quality and automating tests. The enthusiastic candidate will be ready to join a tight knit team and start or continue a career helping to improve and verify quality of some of the latest technologies around Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. A successful candidate will have the ability to work independently while having a collaborative disposition. Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus.
What you would do:
- Design and develop tools and services that measure and maintain performance, reliability, resilience, security and quality
- Work with other developers to develop best practices for improving quality aspects of their services and applications
- Build sophisticated and maintainable automated test suites to test our universe of services and applications
- Author test plans and track test runs for new features, regression test existing large scale data processing and analytics products
- Plan for, organize and execute tests to verify functionality of specified product features
- Assist in building cloud-based infrastructure to automate and scale data processing solutions
- Resolve issues with minimal supervision after a brief preliminary training
- 3 years minimum of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in Quality Assurance or Test Automation Engineering
- Experience with functional testing, planning and coordination
- 2 years minimum of experience in two of the following testing toolsets/frameworks:
- Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Protractor, SoapUI
Minimum Skills/Education/Experience that this position requires:
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience using development environment
- Ability to ask questions and share information gained with other support team members, recording and documenting this knowledge
- Experience using source control
- Development with C# or Java
- Testing REST services
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (12 years) or an Associate's Degree with 6 years of experience
- Linear Algebra/Statistics understanding
- Data Visualization
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) exposure
- Cloud application deployment
Guidewire has been recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for the second consecutive year. Guidewire develops and implements market-leading software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. Our technology is unique—designed and built on a completely modern architecture to meet the specific needs of the P/C industry with unparalleled performance, reliability, and openness.
We believe we have a good idea about what makes a fulfilling work life for employees:
- Meaningful work
- Quality products
- Sound business strategy
- Ultra-competent colleagues
- Plenty of freedom to innovate and create
We've lived by three principles since our founding.
- Integrity - Truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other
- Rationality - Communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence
- Collegiality - Working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.